Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hunting alarm clock?

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Kids
    I’m up every morning between 5 and 5.30 when our 2yo wakes up
    Worked a treat when away last week

Buy a battery bank to recharge your phone and put phone in low battery mode
    Battery packs ane not too dear now either, and there is usually a setting in you phone so the alamr goes off even if the phone is OFF. (Only way to stop the alarm from going off is to pull the battery.)

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Put your phone on aeroplane mode too. Especially when out hunting. Helps save battery
    And stops the bastard ringing as you carefully lift your rifle so it does not spook the deer that walked up to you standing about 5 ft away trying to decide if you are part of the bush or a foreigner......It is starring at you, you are slowly and silently lifting you gun and the "Flight of the bumblebee rings out at 1000 decibels and the pocket starts to vibrate with the tenacity of an earthquake,...You go "Shit!" and snap the rifle up, The deer goes "Shit!" and bolts, and your missus is now angry that you did not pick up on the first ring and you are trying not to scream at her......Yes flight mode sounds like a fantastic idea about now....as does throwing the dam thing as far as you can....

Now picture the same situation in Flight mode.....It is starring at you, you are slowly and silently lifting you gun and you bag a nice deer full of venison,, you turn the phone on to take a few pics and tell the wife you are on the way home, she is happy and tells you she only tried calling a few minutes ago to get you to pick up takeaways on the way home....

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Battery packs ane not too dear now either, and there is usually a setting in you phone so the alamr goes off even if the phone is OFF. (Only way to stop the alarm from going off is to pull the battery.)

And stops the bastard ringing as you carefully lift your rifle so it does not spook the deer that walked up to you standing about 5 ft away trying to decide if you are part of the bush or a foreigner......It is starring at you, you are slowly and silently lifting you gun and the "Flight of the bumblebee rings out at 1000 decibels and the pocket starts to vibrate with the tenacity of an earthquake,...You go "Shit!" and snap the rifle up, The deer goes "Shit!" and bolts, and your missus is now angry that you did not pick up on the first ring and you are trying not to scream at her......Yes flight mode sounds like a fantastic idea about now....as does throwing the dam thing as far as you can....

Now picture the same situation in Flight mode.....It is starring at you, you are slowly and silently lifting you gun and you bag a nice deer full of venison,, you turn the phone on to take a few pics and tell the wife you are on the way home, she is happy and tells you she only tried calling a few minutes ago to get you to pick up takeaways on the way home....
    I watched a hined followed buy it’s yearling followed by a stag walk past nose to tail within 10m of us while my mate was talking to his wife next to me. I think she wanted to know wether he wanted peas or beans.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    My gps has an alarm on it pretty sure it works when its switched off as well but test it first
    I do the same it works well, I don’t mind sleeping in now days the dog finds me deer any time of the day.
    Micky Duck likes this.

many heaps cups of tea but be aware you probably have to get up and expose your bare arse to the breeze at about 2am to let some excess out....Ive got an elcheapho cellphone that only goes on hunting trips..camera is ok and alarm is great..will last a week on single charge huawei brand basic phone.... txting in pain in arse but great for phone call to mates while you sitting on warm carcase of deer and they are at work.