Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Kahles LRF binoculars

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I have the 3000bdx and getting the 10k set soon.
    The ability of the sig to pair with my kestrel makes up for glass shortfall If any.
    Also the price.
    The ability for the new 10k to drop a pin to navigate to where you ranged and shot, priceless!
    My 3000bdx will range out to 4.5k which is an industry leader.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Why attach Sigs to the Kestrel dont they have full elite and all the windage features in body? or do ou mean with your 3000bdx?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    Apparently made in Japan are the binoculars. I will put up a review when I use them. I’m coming off 12 years of Leica geovids so we will see.
    Just out of interest, why did you replace your geovids?

Quote Originally Posted by cb14 View Post
    Just out of interest, why did you replace your geovids?
    A few reasons. Optically brilliant . I think I paid around $3600 for them in 2009 . Quality does not date . They have found me deer when I have seen nothing on the first few sweeps . I think what has changed in 13 years is technology . With the rangefinder in them the longest i ever got was around 1300yds in the right conditions. The size and weight of them- Big and bulky . I had some swaro's on order but did a deal the other day that included the Leica's . I cant be without bino's so had a nosey around at options. Years ago I had a pair of Kahles 10x42 which I traded on the new Leica's at the time. The glass was brilliant. Since swarovski brought out Kahles years ago and looking at bang for buck it was an easy decision . They showed up this morning after ordering on Monday. First impressions are I cant believe how light and small they are . Put a highlighter on my desk for reference.
    Name:  Kahles.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  1.85 MB
    Was outside first thing this morning in the low light playing around . First impressions are just as good for a whole lot less.
    cb14, Gibo, dannyb and 2 others like this.

@Nathan F where did you get them from? Cheers

@Shamus https://www.jacobsdigital.co.nz/coll...42630153830659

or ring mac at custom guns invercargill. They have them in stock same price .
    cb14, dannyb, Shamus_ and 1 others like this.

A few reasons. Optically brilliant . I think I paid around $3600 for them in 2009 . Quality does not date . They have found me deer when I have seen nothing on the first few sweeps . I think what has changed in 13 years is technology . With the rangefinder in them the longest i ever got was around 1300yds in the right conditions. The size and weight of them- Big and bulky . I had some swaro's on order but did a deal the other day that included the Leica's . I cant be without bino's so had a nosey around at options. Years ago I had a pair of Kahles 10x42 which I traded on the new Leica's at the time. The glass was brilliant. Since swarovski brought out Kahles years ago and looking at bang for buck it was an easy decision . They showed up this morning after ordering on Monday. First impressions are I cant believe how light and small they are . Put a highlighter on my desk for reference.
    Attachment 201756
    Was outside first thing this morning in the low light playing around . First impressions are just as good for a whole lot less.
    Very interesting, thanks.
    Nathan F likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Why attach Sigs to the Kestrel dont they have full elite and all the windage features in body? or do ou mean with your 3000bdx?
    The main reason I would still use the kestrel is that I can get the environmental data correct quicker. Mainly temperature by swinging the kestrel around to get my solution instead of waiting for the bino sensors to equalize from your chest or vehicle.
    The kestrel is very easy to use once you become familiar to it.
    I use mine almost daily so it's second nature.
    They are an amazing tool and never really use my phone app anymore except when helping other people with ballistic problems.

Stocky likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

@Nathan F any update on these binos - how are you finding them?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus_ View Post
    @Nathan F any update on these binos - how are you finding them?
    Cheers
    Haven’t been hunting yet. But as I’ve posted above. GROUSE. Everything I was expecting.
    Shamus_ likes this.

Haven’t been hunting yet. But as I’ve posted above. GROUSE. Everything I was expecting.
    Am I correct in assuming it has no internal ballistic calculator?
    If so why choose a bino with out when there are other brands at similar money that do.
    It's just that been able to have your solution come up in the binos with out checking phone or dope chart would seem like common sense.
    Glass would be the only consideration for me.
    I started with the old model zeiss and they had amazing glass but useless ballistic engine that would only give solutions in inches or centimeters.
    Some one at zeiss really fucked that one up.
    I am on my 4th set of ranging equipment and all has had some sort of basic solution out to 700m which is close enough for most purposes .
    Now I pair with a kestrel for way out which is incredibly accurate with the correct data!
    Just asking

Am I correct in assuming it has no internal ballistic calculator?
    If so why choose a bino with out when there are other brands at similar money that do.
    It's just that been able to have your solution come up in the binos with out checking phone or dope chart would seem like common sense.
    Glass would be the only consideration for me.
    I started with the old model zeiss and they had amazing glass but useless ballistic engine that would only give solutions in inches or centimeters.
    Some one at zeiss really fucked that one up.
    I am on my 4th set of ranging equipment and all has had some sort of basic solution out to 700m which is close enough for most purposes .
    Now I pair with a kestrel for way out which is incredibly accurate with the correct data!
    Just asking

Dont really know what you mean sorry Andy. Its got enhanced angle compensator ( kahles version of true ballistic range ) and temp and barometer . Not that I would pay much attention to them anyway. Im still a drop chart type of guy . Its all just more shit to go wrong . Added to the fact Im not shooting past 550yds ( which is generally bread and butter ) they are features wasted on me.
    Shamus_ and Kimber 7mm-08 like this.

Dont really know what you mean sorry Andy. Its got enhanced angle compensator ( kahles version of true ballistic range ) and temp and barometer . Not that I would pay much attention to them anyway. Im still a drop chart type of guy . Its all just more shit to go wrong . Added to the fact Im not shooting past 550yds ( which is generally bread and butter ) they are features wasted on me.
    All good.
    What I mean is there a ballistic engine in the binos that will give you an elevation hold in the bino screen?

All good.
    What I mean is there a ballistic engine in the binos that will give you an elevation hold in the bino screen?

Gotcha . Na just the true ballistic range