Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Knifes for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDave View Post
    Someone should probably mention Victory Knives too, for about $30 you could get a drop-point with a plastic sheath. I've noticed my Bahco blade tends to chip a bit and, maybe its the way I sharpen it but I can't seem to put a good edge on it in the field. I'd say Victory knives have better steel, I seem to be able to put a better edge on them anyway.
    Started to use a Victory knife for field work now, seems darn good. Have a gerber drop point as a spare one for the back pack.Prob get a Bahco and see what the fuss is all about

Quality steel, great blade that maintains its edge, the humble Svord Peasent knife is HARD to beat- made right here in New Zealand(nope I don't work for them)
    Shelley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Quality steel, great blade that maintains its edge, the humble Svord Peasent knife is HARD to beat- made right here in New Zealand(nope I don't work for them)
    Hell. What are you comparing the Svord with?
    veitnamcam likes this.

I have a few cheap knives, Victory boning and Bahco. The bahco is super sharp but I find it easier to sharpen up the Victory. Softer steel I guess.
    Victory gets my vote.

Got a victory Skinner and bones like them Bo h but keep them at home, prefer as small folder for being out and about

LOC
    Blademaster called to say the Havalon Piranta arrived today so picked it up. They have another one in stock at $75 if anyone is looking for one. Should be on le web store