Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bryan
  • 3 Post By Daniel Kwon

Thread: Kuiu sizing

Kuiu sizing

Evening guys,

I'm just after some advice regarding sizing for kuiu products. I'm looking to pick up a pair of pants and some shirts. I've done a bit of research on some American sites that has suggested conflicting sizing info.

Anyone here have any info on how they run?

I'm 187cm and run about 87-90kg. I was looking to get a size 34 pair of pants and XL shirts.

Cheers
    Dan

I’m typically a size 34 in pants and this fit was perfect for me in the kuiu attack pants. I am 187ishcm and 83ishkg (tall and lean). I find every product varies a little and it helps to do some reading on each product like you have done. For example size L between the Yukon and Kutana gaiters is significantly different with the Yukon being a good fit and then the Kutana being so small they only just fit my wife.

Jus
    Have a look at their sizing guide on the website, measure yourself and pick the size accordingly. They build their clothes as close to industry standard as possible but also have a sizing guide for everything down to their gloves with measurements per size

Just do what others do.... Buy a few sizes and those that don't fit get flogged off here

I am 186cm tall and 89/90kg athletic build. I typically wear a size 33 waist paint, but I have tried on the Kuiu Attack Pant in size 34 Regular and they fit nicely. Could go for long in length, but only if you intend to wear them over boots for climbing and you are really long legged.

I also have a heap of their Tees and I fit size Large Perfectly. If you wand baggy fit then get XL, otherwise Large accommodates a bigger torso nicely.
    Daniel Kwon likes this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Fairly athletic cut, not too blousy in either tops or pants in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jus View Post
    Have a look at their sizing guide on the website, measure yourself and pick the size accordingly. They build their clothes as close to industry standard as possible but also have a sizing guide for everything down to their gloves with measurements per size
    This ^. Check their size guide and they’re usually spot on. Don’t believe all that nonsense about having to size up on everything.
    ; I’d bet you that those comments are all made by persons of the typical American physique, if you know what I mean !

Besides, you can always return it...

Cheers guys, I'll give it a go with my regular sizing and report back. Thanks for your advice.

Kuiu clothing arrived today. Took 4 days from California to Wellington. The sizing is normal. In fact, I'd say the pants are generous. I don't know what the Americans are on about. I would have had to return it if I had gone a size up.
    Bryan, stuart and Southerner223 like this.