Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By craigc

Thread: Kuiu Super Down LT puffer jacket and pants

Kuiu Super Down LT puffer jacket and pants

Has anyone tried the latest versions of these and if so how have you found them? I see they updated the outer material?? Blurry expensive so do you see value there? Thanks

Probably find something just as good from one of the outdoor brands that’s not as expensive. That stuff is so expensive and there is nothing special about it

I know guys that have had these and then the First Lite option, and they prefer the latter, personally for me i use Macpac Uberlite jackets under a raincoat and Macpac Mercury, wayyyyyyyyyyy less cost and works good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponchorello View Post
    Has anyone tried the latest versions of these and if so how have you found them? I see they updated the outer material?? Blurry expensive so do you see value there? Thanks
    Hey mate. I have the latest vest, incredibly light and compact, yet warm. I would wait for a sale before I brought anything from Kuiu and even better combine postage with someone else.
    I’ve had quite a few different puffer jackets and I find the Kuiu ones to be very light and warm.

I haven’t tried the down puffer pants but I have a pair of synthetic pants and they are amazing, I’ve also got a Arc’teryx pair and they’re just as good. I never thought I’d get a pair of puffer pants, but they’re so warm. Worth stuffing in your pack, even for a big walk.
    ANTSMAN likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    I've got the earlier super down pants & really rate em, very warm, good construction ( well made with full length zips ) etc & light n compact, they are made for glassing or sitting around camp, I definitely wouldn't bush bash in em without some decent over trou

Kuiu's down stuff is pretty good, also have a pair of glassing mitts but cricky they are getting very expensive like everything nowadays, I run a Macpac Super Nova jacket ( which I also rate )as they easy to replace if I do a boo boo, but as for lw down hunting pants there's not many options hence the Kuiu.

Funny az I found the email order confirmation, I paid under $150 usd for mine hahahaha those werer the days
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Look at mont bell for both down and synthetic pant options if you do t won’t to pay for Kuiu. I have a down pair for glassing and camp use. Quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk