Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad S
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By littlemorepork

Thread: Ledlenser H5r core. Thoughts?

Ledlenser H5r core. Thoughts?

I'm after a new head torch that can be used for spotting rabbits up to 100m away. I'm already got a black diamond cosmo for general navigation, so after something with a but more focus and grunt. A guy at H&F recommended the Ledlenser HR5 core, so just wanted to see if his recommendation flies. Cheers team, happy sunday

Not sure on that particular one but led lenser is about a decade or so out as far as fashion goes. Ive got a couple of led lensers cant remember what they are but still going strong after 10+ years

I seem to remember a few threads on this before, you could search them out. There are two answers (one as above) that is: they're fine.

the other (correct) answer, is that they're overpriced and break every five minutes.
    The only Government to trust: .45-70

Pay a lot for the name. Better value elsewhere
    Actually I've realized this is the case for most namebrand stuff from hunting and fishing
    whirehair likes this.

Nah we have these for all the staff here on farm and they're OK for fluffing around setting up a break fence in the dark etc but everyone complained about how the beam doesn't focus down to a tight enough spot and you can't really make out detail much further than 100m or so. The boost mode on them is useless because it automatically reverts back to the previous mode after about 5 seconds which is really frustrating. About the only thing good about them is they last ages on a full charge but they should with a brick of a battery hanging off the back of them. I have a Nitecore H35 which is my favorite headlamp, simple, bright as a bright thing and takes 18650s so you can cart a couple charged ones round spare.
    blip likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I haven't used it that much yet, but so far I've been really impressed with the Brinyte HL18 I bought off Piercing the Darkness (forum sponsor). Check out his website for description and beam pictures etc.

A neat trick with this light - normally a headlight that's pointing where you look in normal use doesn't point in the right direction once you put your cheek on the rifle stock. But this light is articulated, so once I spot something i click the head one detent to the left before I bring the rifle up (and maybe boost the brightness too if I need it) and it's an excellent shooting light without needing a separate torch mounted on the rifle itself. I wear the headband over a hat and that prevents any scope glare.

There are so many other cheaper and better options to ledlensers! And still people buy them. I had a few. Either broke or two complicated to use. Since many years I‘m happy with my zebralight.
    Carbine likes this.