Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: leggings

leggings

Where's the best place to get some leggings to ware under my shorts while hunting? I've got some of the compression type leggings but they seem to compress things I don't really want compressed (if you know what I mean ha ha)

I just go for whats good value. Pollyprop. MacPac or Katmandu. They get torn eventually anyway. They come in different weights so you can vary them to the season.
    gadgetman likes this.

Hunting and fishing have some leggings, made of a resonably strong feeling material which I don't think will rip as easily as your standard polyprops or merino leggings

From Macpac, but be warned sometimes they dont last!!
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by High Country Boy View Post
    Hunting and fishing have some leggings, made of a resonably strong feeling material which I don't think will rip as easily as your standard polyprops or merino leggings
    +1 have used those HnF ones for ages and they last very well. Bonus is you can get them cheap on sale too.

Ejected
    The swazi ones are fantastic. On my second pair now after 10 years on the first. I wear them under waders when duck hunting and under shorts for everything else.

Makes me wonder about having plastic fibres rubbing tightly on my legs - although hasn't stopped me wearing them
    I wore Kathmandu ones for years now wear macpac. Might try Swazi next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    Makes me wonder about having plastic fibres rubbing tightly on my legs - although hasn't stopped me wearing them
    I wore Kathmandu ones for years now wear macpac. Might try Swazi next

I know what you mean I prefer natural fibres wherever possible, and I get funny looks when I ware those crotch less rubber ones..... ha ha

Hunt fish ones were good then they changed the fabric this year to a rashy skin irritating fabric.The new fabric is crap.I have been told they are going to go back to old fabric

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    The swazi ones are fantastic. On my second pair now after 10 years on the first. I wear them under waders when duck hunting and under shorts for everything else.
    Can't see them listed on there website?

Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

polyprop stinks. Marino is the go or failing that ask @Timmay where he gets his fishnets

Sounds like the Swazi ones are the way to go, cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    polyprop stinks. Marino is the go or failing that ask @Timmay where he gets his fishnets
    Haha, I'll never tell.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yes, but - You cant wear merino leggings. They explode way too easily.

Merino for every other base layer but not leggings or id be buying a new pair every trip

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Yes, but - You cant wear merino leggings. They explode way too easily.

Merino for every other base layer but not leggings or id be buying a new pair every trip
    Yeah true that, couple of days scrambling through blackberry does them no good