Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lightweight sleeping bags (Mont Bell?)

@ the Claw, what do you think of the Alsek? I have had my eye on the Sawatch for some time. Really like the concept. No zip, no hood, lightwieght. Brilliant! If I wasn't so happy with my current bag (Mountain Hardware Phantom 15), I would have already bought one by now.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B_man View Post
    @ the Claw, what do you think of the Alsek? I have had my eye on the Sawatch for some time. Really like the concept. No zip, no hood, lightwieght. Brilliant! If I wasn't so happy with my current bag (Mountain Hardware Phantom 15), I would have already bought one by now.
    Really like it. Light, compact and warm. I haven't had it out in really cold conditions (light frost is the coldest) but I have been plenty warm so far. I like that the bag is attached to the mat and doesn't have a hood as I tend to be a restless sleeper so get tangled up in my bag at times! Not so in the Alsek though as it stays put when changing position. I have just purchased a lightweight down hooded jacket that I will wear in it during colder weather if necessary.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    Really like it. Light, compact and warm. I haven't had it out in really cold conditions (light frost is the coldest) but I have been plenty warm so far. I like that the bag is attached to the mat and doesn't have a hood as I tend to be a restless sleeper so get tangled up in my bag at times! Not so in the Alsek though as it stays put when changing position. I have just purchased a lightweight down hooded jacket that I will wear in it during colder weather if necessary.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Cheers. Very similar thoughts to me. Im off to Canada in a couple of months, so may try to track one down over there.