Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By R93

Thread: Lowa-Catalan Boots

  1. #1
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    15,348

    Lowa-Catalan Boots

    Anyone have a pair of these boots? What do you think of them. They seem to be reasonably priced and should be the ducks nuts.

    My tibets have seen better days and no matter how well I try to maintain them, they are dying.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    512
    I dont think they come in knee high "come Fu*k me boots" Dave hahahaha

    Yeah my Meindl Island Pros are pretty much retired. Had them 7 years and resoled once. Was a great boot so need something new.

  3. #3
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    15,348
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingWings View Post
    I dont think they come in knee high "come Fu*k me boots" Dave hahahaha

    Yeah my Meindl Island Pros are pretty much retired. Had them 7 years and resoled once. Was a great boot so need something new.
    Didn't know they made meindls for giant fuckin clown feet?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingWings View Post
    I dont think they come in knee high "come Fu*k me boots" Dave hahahaha

    Yeah my Meindl Island Pros are pretty much retired. Had them 7 years and resoled once. Was a great boot so need something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Didn't know they made meindls for giant fuckin clown feet?
    Well....you know what they say about the size of a mans feet haha

  5. #5
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    15,348
    Ha ha you wish!
    When you said you worked at McDonald's before ya worked on the coast, I didn't realise it was in the playground as fucking Ronald himself!!
    roig and JoshC like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    512
    Maybe thats why Martin kept his daughter away hahahaha.
    He hated those jokes about her LOL

  7. #7
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    15,348
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingWings View Post
    Maybe thats why Martin kept his daughter away hahahaha.
    He hated those jokes about her LOL
    If he didnt, it would not have been so much fun telling him mate. She is a wee hotty, iirc?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    If he didnt, it would not have been so much fun telling him mate. She is a wee hotty, iirc?
    hahahaha yup!! And yeah she is lol.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Invercargill, NZ
    Posts
    487
    Lowa make good boots !

    The Catalan look like a good tramping boot - Lowa have them in the "trekking" category. They will be softer and have a more flexible sole than the Tibet.

    LOWA Boots USA / Boot Search Page

    LOWA Boots USA / Boot Search Page

    The Tibet will be better if carrying a heavy load and if you get into the alpine onto scree and snow.

    My two cents worth.

  10. #10
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    15,348
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiinSeattle View Post
    Lowa make good boots !

    The Catalan look like a good tramping boot - Lowa have them in the "trekking" category. They will be softer and have a more flexible sole than the Tibet.

    LOWA Boots USA / Boot Search Page

    LOWA Boots USA / Boot Search Page

    The Tibet will be better if carrying a heavy load and if you get into the alpine onto scree and snow.

    My two cents worth.
    Your not wrong. My Tibets were strong. They were also shit in some situations as well.
    The bit of flex is why I was interested in the Catalan. May not last as long but they are half the price so it would work out in the long run, maybe.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Far North
    Posts
    2,907
    where have you found them at a good price mate?

  12. #12
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    15,348
    Amazon and ebay Bill. They go for around $280ish us. I seen a pair of Tibets for $300 us with free shippig as well.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Size 11 Lowa tibet pro GTXs
    By RCGSP in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-10-2012, 07:50 PM
  2. Mud tires and Lowa Tibet pro GTXs
    By RCGSP in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-09-2012, 08:20 AM
  3. Lowa Tibet Pro Boots
    By Tuidog in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 04:55 PM
  4. Lowa Renegade Lightweight boots for sale
    By coa5ter in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 03:05 PM
  5. Lowa boots
    By Philipo in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 05:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!