Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Patunui
  • 2 Post By Staffnurse41
  • 2 Post By Snoppernator

Thread: Macpac Hesper 52L - Anyone used one?

Macpac Hesper 52L - Anyone used one?

Hi all,

Has anyone used the Macpac Hesper 52L? https://www.macpac.co.nz/macpac-hesp...ck/120027.html

I am looking at getting a mid-sized pack for overnighters as a nice intermediary between my 75L pack and my daypack, particularly for when travelling from hut to hut. The Hesper is significantly lighter than my 75L (1.2-1.5kg lighter) and should be able to handle the weight of boned out back legs and backsteaks on top of my overnight gear.

Anyone used one or own one?

Cheers,

Matt

I looked at one of these (I think) a month or so ago for my son. I don't think the length is adjustable. So check it fits right before you buy it.
    I ended up with the 50l Torlese because I could get it to fit him right.
    Looked like a good pack for you application though.
    Floundering Around likes this.

Haven’t used the Hester but really rate the NZAT Pursuit 40L packs (I have had 2)
    Great for fast and light, handle the load well but probably less capacity than you need - depending on your gear
    I found that the Cactus rifle scabbard fits on the side and with a dry bag I can fit meat in with belongings attached to pack if needed. Generally I only day hunt on it though
    erniec and Floundering Around like this.

No but used a Macpac Weka for overnighters which was a 42 litre model. You need light bedding/mat to make sure you have space.
    Just back from a roar hunt, had to use the 25 year old Macpac Genesis, outstanding.
    TimC and Floundering Around like this.
    "Death - our community's number one killer"