Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Maxtoch

where?
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    where?
    You will meet him this coming roar
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Your not wrong. There was a lot of swearing, banging and crashing but he got the job done I am well pleased. The difference from domed to not domed is rather obvious.
    Only takes a couple of minutes and makes a big difference to the intensity of the beam, basically double from what we've measured with the lux meter.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

meh he cant get past a simple zip I think Ill be fine
    R93 likes this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    So who is the friendly Chappy on here who is dedoming , and what do I need to send to get it done??
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I want to know why these torches are not coming out with de-doming already done at factory level. Would have thought that the influence of certain members could persuade them to cater for a niche market.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Dedoming will usually change the stock Maxtoch's tint from neutral white to a more lemony tint like a halogen light - better for cutting thru bit of mist etc. Dedoming also appears to drop total lumen output maybe 1-200 lumens - not overly significant - but increases lux or hotspot by typically 100-110%.

Yep its past 200-250m or so where the dedomed lights excel, and they put a heap more light on target at 300-400m. Gadgetman and I did some nighttime rangefinder testing with a dedomed maxi putting out 175k lux - about same as a dedomed new M24 - and we concluded we could see a big animal body (black cattle in green paddock) in v clear conditions with naked eye (no scope) out to 450m (500 yards). That's well beyond what most people will ever shoot at night. We also had no trouble lighting up a cream farm house at 1002 meters - though even the the standard maxis will just show it. The new 2X upgraded pumps out 235-240k lux so will go further.

The next batch of M24s due out shortly is tweaked a bit more than the first and will put out 90-95k stock I'd guess = which is about 200k dedomed. And that's alotta light for a scope light or lightweight handheld!

What lights did you get 7mm?

Can we expect to see it first on here when the new ones are available ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

New upgraded 2S (quick twist strobe version) is a nice light. Law enforcement/S & R etc love it.

Just need to correct a mistake in my post above. I wrote " The new 2X upgraded pumps out 235-240k lux so will go further." This should read ' the new upgraded 2X when dedomed pumps out 235-240k lux'.