Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Lowa Tibets (Wide).

New Lowa Tibets (Wide).

I got a pair of Lowa Tibets. UK 9 size. My actual feet size is, Left : UK 8, Right : UK 8.5. So I went 0.5 of a size bigger on the right so that I can wear 2 pairs of socks.

What tips and tricks/experience do folks have with doing this as I've never owned a pair of high quality boots before?

The reason I ask is that I plan to wear them in the house with 2 pair of socks (Back Country Hiking Merino Socks) to test the fit, before possibly sending them back for a UK 8.5 size but thought it best to ask on here. I have a week or so to really test the fit so want to learn from others experience on this matter if possible.

Thanks.

For me another thing I wonder about is how much do these boots stretch in width/circumference (girth) and even possibly length after a year or two of use?

ie... I could take some tightness around the foot now if the girth widens a little in time.

I've had mine for about 5 years now and don't recall the width changing at all. Pretty solid boots that don't really change.
    Trout and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RUMPY View Post
    I've had mine for about 5 years now and don't recall the width changing at all. Pretty solid boots that don't really change.
    Hi,

can I ask if it's the "Wide" fit you have and how you wear them? ie... 2 pairs of socks? Or any special in soles that are good?

With good modern boots I don’t wear two pairs of Sox. In fact with the good cushioning in them I use lighter socks when new and heavier ones when they have stretched a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Iv have the wide fit tibets for about 12yrs,size 12.Just put your favourite socks on and go hunting.No need to run them in at home first.Give them a goodwater proofing.Like walking on carpet and they stay hold their shape around your foot well.Done a few 20 to 25k walks in them yrs ago,i never got sore feet in them.Bloody good boots.
    Moa Hunter, ZQLewis and RUMPY like this.

You can use volume reducing inserts to get a better fit if you have different sized feet.
    https://lowa.co.nz/products/lowa-shims
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
    Hi,

can I ask if it's the "Wide" fit you have and how you wear them? ie... 2 pairs of socks? Or any special in soles that are good?
    Yes @Eamonn mine are the gtx wide fit. As Trout said, if the size is right use one pair of socks and they should be good to go. I tried a pair on in store to get the correct size before buying. I do have to tighten them up a bit for big downhills with a heavy pack so probably could have gone half a size bigger.

Another thing with expensive boots is the factory insoles are intended to be thrown away and quality ones fitted. The factory ones in tibets is like a piece of high density cardboard and not overly comfortable although I have never replaced them.

Also read this. https://lowa.co.nz/blogs/faq/what-is...ole-separation

Don't leave them sitting on the shelf for extended periods without use or the midsole breaks down and crumbles.

Warning graphic content :

Ok I got it wrong. The left is an 8.5 and the right is an 8.

Anyway, I took out the insoles and put my feet in them to show the space at the toe. Does that space look a normal amount of toe space for all day hunting boots. The left has about 11mm space and the right has about 15mm.

I only ask because they feel a little loose in girth and just ok in length. Meaning I could change to size 9.0 UK Standard or a possible 8.5 UK Standard.

Name:  Left 8.5.jpeg
Views: 449
Size:  6.06 MB Name:  Right 8.0.jpeg
Views: 435
Size:  5.65 MB

Put those smelly feet away,nobody wants to see them,lols.Most people have one foot slightly bigger than the other,like myself.Just let the boots mold around them and start walking.After 10ks yr feet will love yr boots.

I hereby give no authority to anyone selling the following images.

My insoles have moulded up around my heel a bit and have about 8mm out the front of my longest foot. When my foot is in the boot with toes forward I have about 15mm gap behind my heel.

AT THE END OF THE DAY IT'S UP TO YOU. It's an expensive purchase and I'm not telling you if you should keep or change what you have.

Name:  20230107_154250.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  2.51 MB

Name:  20230107_154324.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  3.66 MB

What type of insole is that you have? They're different to the ones that came with my boots.

Don't worry, I'll not let my decision be influenced. It's just always best to ask what others have experienced.
    Trout likes this.

I've used a variety of inserts and have found formthotics to be the best. They're definitely not custom fitting, but they somewhat 'mold' to your feet via continued use or by heating up the foam and standing in it per it's instructions.

Your left foot looks quite a bit larger than your right and so I would def would not run two pairs of socks.

Ive run your generic rebel sports types, the superfeet 'green' insoles, and the formthotics work best IMO.

My insoles are just the factory ones that came in the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by RUMPY View Post
    My insoles are just the factory ones that came in the boots.
    Same here,still feel like nice carpet.