Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: New Maxtoch Torch

new M24 arrived this morning,with batteries,cant wait for it to get dark.

What are the specs of the batteries that come with the M24 if you order the "Torch, batteries, charger" combo on Aliexpress?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiura John View Post
    What are the specs of the batteries that come with the M24 if you order the "Torch, batteries, charger" combo on Aliexpress?
    came with Trustfire batteries 3000mAh the thing is awesome, turns nightime into the day, I do not think I could shoot beyond its range but I still think it will get dedomed.

Are those Trustfire 3000mAh Batteries "protected batteries"?

I've just been emailing Amanda at Maxtoch. She says the batteries that are included in the "Sniper M24S, Batteries, Charger, Holster" combo are Maxtoch branded 2600mAh protected batteries.

I'm trying to decide between the M24 and the “improved” M24S for rifle-mounted possom/rabbit shooting (to which I am a newbie). The original M24 (3000mA) has a runtime of 180 minutes (according to its Product Details), while the more powerful M24S (3500mA) seems to have a runtime of only half that (Mudgripz in Post #48 of this Thread mentions 100 minutes, Amanda of Maxtoch indicated to me 70 – 80 minutes). On paper then it seems a no-brainer – if the less powerful original M24 will do the job quite adequately, why bother going for the more powerful version with its significantly less runtime. In the field though perhaps there are other considerations? Perhaps I should go for the greater power and carry more batteries? Any comments appreciated.

The Trustfire 3000mAh are protected cells. For the difference in output compared to runtime I'd go the M24, it has plenty of grunt and personally I prefer runtime over output. They will both light up further than I'd be happy to shoot.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

+1 gadget's comment:

"For the difference in output compared to runtime I'd go the M24, it has plenty of grunt and personally I prefer runtime over output. They will both light up further than I'd be happy to shoot. "

We tested the black M24 at 83k lux and 100 mins runtime on ful noise with pana 3100s. The new grey M24S runs at higher current producing about 93k lux but drops to 70-80 minute runtime. The difference between 83k and 93k in the field isn't much, and if you dedome the stock M24 you're up to 173k lux - which is all you need and still gives the good runtime.

M24 better balance of output and runtime, and ideal rifle mounted or handheld spottie. If you've got an M24 on yr rifle, and want something different as a handheld try a 2X. Mine showed 240k lux dedomed which gives excellent spottie range. Te Rei has one - no doubt he'll tell you how good they are

Good to note also you almost never run torch/batts continuously for their max 100 mins runtime. In the field they actually last longer than that because they're often on and off for some reason - eg you may be using a handheld alongside a rifle light - or stopping truck for a yarn, fresh ammo, a cuppa or something.
    Pengy likes this.

Thanks for those replies, - a M24 it will be! BTW, it seems strange that Maxtoch include 3000mAh batts with their M24 combo, and only 2600mAh batts with their more gutsy M24S combo - that must give the M24S even less runtime than the estimated 70-80 mins.

Torch arrived today and very impressed, this is a really nice bit of kit Bugger the batteries have not arrived though so no play time for me....

The batts that come with some orders have ben trustfire 3000s which test ut as actual 25-2600mAh. Maxtoch I suspect have rebranded these (Trustfire and Maxtoch owned by same coporate) but given them correct 2600mAh rating. Likely same batts.

GM - here are some batts on trademe that are quite good. If you want a set to play with while yrs arrive these will be fine. Samsung 2600s: He does them at $21pr + $9.50 for each extra batt. $40 for 4 samsungs is fine. Also just $3.00 post which is where tardme dealers often rip people:

18650 SAMSUNG 2600mAh Protected (Pair) | Trade Me

He also has good nitecore chargers - see his other listings.
    GMH72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    +1 gadget's comment:

"For the difference in output compared to runtime I'd go the M24, it has plenty of grunt and personally I prefer runtime over output. They will both light up further than I'd be happy to shoot. "

We tested the black M24 at 83k lux and 100 mins runtime on ful noise with pana 3100s. The new grey M24S runs at higher current producing about 93k lux but drops to 70-80 minute runtime. The difference between 83k and 93k in the field isn't much, and if you dedome the stock M24 you're up to 173k lux - which is all you need and still gives the good runtime.

M24 better balance of output and runtime, and ideal rifle mounted or handheld spottie. If you've got an M24 on yr rifle, and want something different as a handheld try a 2X. Mine showed 240k lux dedomed which gives excellent spottie range. Te Rei has one - no doubt he'll tell you how good they are

Good to note also you almost never run torch/batts continuously for their max 100 mins runtime. In the field they actually last longer than that because they're often on and off for some reason - eg you may be using a handheld alongside a rifle light - or stopping truck for a yarn, fresh ammo, a cuppa or something.
    No good.Sick of looking at deer on Pluto.

Well, my torch turned up and I seem to have got a dud. It's extremely dim (I have a $5 torch from the Warehouse that is brighter), and there isn't any mode switching.

It's really well built. Would be a perfect torch if the damn thing actually worked

Guess I'll contact EST Group and send it back.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bugger! You may have got the one candle power one Josh
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Bugger! You may have got the one candle power one Josh
    I've seen candles with more power than this torch