Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: New Maxtoch Torch

Thanks

Hey guys, I was looking at getting one of the M24s when they are back in stock (hopefully) with battery and charger. Being a newbie I have nothing and I am not sure about what to use to mount it to the scope... There was this on the Maxtoch page Aliexpress.com : Buy MAXTOCH Sniper M24, Lighter Version of SN6X 2S, AR Lens, Copper LED Base, Longer Shooting Distance from Reliable copper cab suppliers on EST GROUP Co., Ltd but is that what I should be getting? Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by GMH72 View Post
    Hey guys, I was looking at getting one of the M24s when they are back in stock (hopefully) with battery and charger. Being a newbie I have nothing and I am not sure about what to use to mount it to the scope... There was this on the Maxtoch page Aliexpress.com : Buy MAXTOCH Sniper M24, Lighter Version of SN6X 2S, AR Lens, Copper LED Base, Longer Shooting Distance from Reliable copper cab suppliers on EST GROUP Co., Ltd but is that what I should be getting? Thanks in advance....
    No.

Something like this is better:

1" scope Tube - "8" Figured SCOPE TORCH RAIL MOUNT (Both 25mm diameter)-in Other Sports & Entertainment Products from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com

30mm scope tube 30mm & 25mm Tactical 8 FIGURE Flashlight & Laser QQ Scope Clip Mount with Wrench-in Scope Mounts & Accessories from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com

Chop them below the screws like this and leave it mounted on your scope.

Mount the torch in cheapo 25mm rings like above (not that the torch above is not one of the Maxtochs).

Wholesale 10pcs/lot ZY 9715 High Quality Double Rings 25mm Metal scope mount tactical gun mount-in Hunting Gun Accessories from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Or leave it as a big figure 8 & mount a maxtoch on each side..............rings come in pairs = good excuse for 2 torches at once

Great, thanks for that info.

Yep - we've used the chopped down 8 mounts as pictured for years and they work v well. Another option for scope mounting is this mount:

Accessory Scope Mount 30 + 25.4mm with 20mm rail | Trade Me

This one is from trademe but we get them from overseas for about $8-9 if you hunt round a bit on aliexpress.

Thanks Mudgripz have found one of those so will add it to the list...

It looks like these might be back in stock... have placed an order for one.

The new batch of M24s will be held up for a short time. They picked a defect in the production run and have put sales on hold temporarily to correct it. The torch middle tube had markings on it for the quick twist strobe - but unlike the law enforcement model the hunter version we get doesn't have this mode. Be ready and on sale again shortly. M24 proving very popular with police etc as well as hunters. Makes sense - hell of a light.

New M24 has beefed up performance - round 90-95kcd standard, which will mean about 200-210k dedomed. That's all the light you'll need - about 900 meters ANSI (the American National Standard Institute's measure of beam reach down to equivalent of full moonlight on an object).
    GMH72 likes this.

Ok - Maxtoch taking steps to create better deliveries ex China. They will cut out chinapost and malaysiapost and use more efficient swedenpost and singaporepost ex Hongkong. This should improve things.

In addition amanda makes this comment:
    "An M24 sent by EMS service is around usd15.00 more expensive than economical shipping. Do you think it may be too expensive? In my opinion, faster shipping way gives better customer experience."

So we can have likely better delivery with sweden/singaporepost at still no freight charge - or - if people wish you can choose to go EMS and have torch in 7-14 days. EMS will be a good idea if ordering 2 or more torches to help spread freight cost.

An M24 via say singaporepost will be $68.50US or round $79NZ delivered. Same M24 by EMS = $83.50ish or round $96NZ. This is still WAY under NZ torch prices as nearest equivalent here is many hundred dollars, However, best value when using EMS will be 2-4 torches. Watch for $400 customs threshold.

So its a choice for each buyer. Go for economy with singapore post, or invest a bit more and use very reliable EMS. Both still give huge savings.

Personally I'll watch sweden/singaporepost, and if there are any more probs ex china I will use EMS from now. For orders of 5-6 or more Fedex/DHL is best - v quick and not costly per torch.

All go with new batch of M2s now - back on aliexpress etc.
    Pengy and GMH72 like this.

I currently have this torch
    Fenix TK35 LED Flashlight 900 Lumens - Fenix-Store

primarily used for SAR, but occasionally for hunting. @mudgripz. Do you know if it is possible to de dome this light, and would there be any advantage in doing so ? I will probably buy the new maxtoch if not.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I currently have this torch
    Fenix TK35 LED Flashlight 900 Lumens - Fenix-Store

primarily used for SAR, but occasionally for hunting. @mudgripz. Do you know if it is possible to de dome this light, and would there be any advantage in doing so ? I will probably buy the new maxtoch if not.
    At a guess I'd say yes that can be de-domed. It looks like it has a smaller head/reflector so wont have such a bright/tight spot.
    sako75 and Pengy like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

+1 Its an XML2-U2 led so dedoming will help it some.

Fenix make some v good lights - fairly expensive when you buy their big grunters.

This one is a very handy outdoor light but stock is not designed for longer range spotting like bigger head Maxtochs. Fenix tk35 has distance claim of 340m, whereas new M24 has ANSI measure of 608m, and new 2X is 680m.
    Pengy likes this.

I will let you know if I can see any big difference once it has been dedomed .
    Thanks GM
    Forgotmaboltagain+1