Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: NZ Pricing - Boots

Freight cant be the driving factor or our nz made cheese and butter wouldnt be cheaper in the uk
    veitnamcam likes this.

Army Navy Store they also called becketts adventures or something.

Was also looking the other night at european store's at boots and there's a heap over there that stock meindl's and with the price converted sit around the 400 mark.

Yeah thanks all - I have picked up a pair of Bhutan MFS for $400 NZ - it was almost rude not to!
    I've seen the same thing with bicycles and its infuriating - but talking with someone I know in that industry last night, they told me that the UK retailers are selling stuff online cheaper than NZ wholesale prices, basically because they get it much cheaper due to scale.

Oh well - the disadvantages of living in paradise I suppose

I reckon you are right... shipping stuff isnt SO expensive that it can cause prices to double

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Freight cant be the driving factor or our nz made cheese and butter wouldnt be cheaper in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by Proneshooter View Post
    I reckon you are right... shipping stuff isnt SO expensive that it can cause prices to double
    I dont know but I reckon the retailers just put whatever they want on it. Not enough competition to drive competitive costs.

Retailers can put whatever price on they want, doesn't mean you have to buy from them. Shop around and buy from wherever you want...
    JoshC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Retailers can put whatever price on they want, doesn't mean you have to buy from them. Shop around and buy from wherever you want...
    True words. Just don't shop overseas to buy something f all cheaper if your local shop sponsors events and accepts their community responsibilities and employs locals or we wont have any rugby clubs or ranges or any
    of the other places we frequent which are there due to local strong sponsorship. You have to keep a slightly bigger picture in mind IMO.. Don't get ripped off though either tell them they are too dear or how do they know .

veitnamcam, Gibo and Mauser308 like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

res
    When I was a retailer (not gun stuff) I used to really like it when my regulars have me a chance to compete agains a price they found off shore.
    Sometimes we couldn't get even close even if we wanted. But if it was something we would have had to order in anyway(holding stock-ESP on things that come in sizes-costs a LOT) we would rather make a small amount than nothing. Gst can be a bitch in this sort of math due to some imports not having it.
    The cust who used all your staff time to work out what he wants,trying out your stock etc and then buys online to save a small amout is the guy who get fucked. Same with the guy who buys online but expects you to sort our his waranty issue just because you also sell that brand.

I'm all for online shopping,I do it myself a lot but you can't have it both ways
    mikee likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

I try to spend my money at sports world Matamata. But I had an honest conversation with him to get to where we are now
    I can order using his accounts at a good price
    He is a good guy and now looks after me but it did take a few frank conversations
    He spends probably 30 k a year sponsoring stuff around town. We need to keep him so that happens. We could all go save something by opening accounts directly with suppliers or online USA purchases. If you use enough. But who wins in our community then. .??
    Savage1 and BRADS like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..