Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which pack for me?

The K2 look pretty solid, and the prices aren't bad. I would go for one if I was in the market. But my MacPac Ravine is doing it for now.

As has been said. GO AND TRY SOME ON. Just like boots (perhaps more so) everyone is different.
    I owned a K2 Hunter and it was really solidly made but didn't fit my scrawny frame.
    I have had a Fairydown Terra Nova for the last 25 odd years and it has been brilliant - it is well made but the main thing is that it fits me well. You will be lucky to find one of them but as I said, go try some and make sure the shop fills them with a bit of stuff because you won't learn anything trying on an empty pack.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

I recently got a oneplanet pack. I really rate it, it has an amazing harness system that is a lot more comfortable than the cactus packs. Build quality is amazing too. Can't fault it at all. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every day is leg day.

All good tips, I found out the straps for the pack I was using were too small for me. I've bought the larger size tomsee if it helps (only 40$) will see if that changes anything

tatonka bison 75 litres mines great

The new cascades have very thin straps/small buckles but otherwise are comfortable and very hard to go past the price for what they are when on special plus there is easy backup/warranty service in the $400 range they are hard to beat

A mate had a custom made K2. Believe it or not it was ordered and supplied in 115L!
    He has just purchased a NZ Aarn pack.