Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ebf
  • 1 Post By ebf
  • 1 Post By Hidey31

Thread: Radix Nutrion

Radix Nutrion

Anybody tried their dehydrated food? Thoughts?

Yea I have, they are pretty good, bit expensive but they are good

Cheers ill give it a go once this covid-19 is over. I get a ddiscoun thru wrk

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ninja View Post
    Yea I have, they are pretty good, bit expensive but they are good
    10% off when you sign up to news letter so thats worth it to try them.

ebf
    Good company to deal with. They are genuinely interested to receive feedback.

For those not familiar with Radix, their range is supplied in 3 levels : Wellbeing, Performance and Expedition

I tend to choose the Wellbeing meals. Their calorie ratings are pretty close to what I normally eat, and I don't generally do massive multi-day tramps.

Taste wise it is a bit hit-and-miss, and personal preference. Some of the meals I find have a "soapy" taste for want of a better term. Other mates who use Radix have not found this. Contacted the folks at Radix, and they sent out some newer versions of the meals to test. Both the old and new Apple and Cinamon brekkie tastes weird to me. The Mixed Berry is much better.

As with most dehy meals, I tend to rehydrate for longer than the instructions recommend.

I seriously dislike the BackCountry meals. They taste like wet cardboard Absolute Wilderness has been ok for me, but quite a bit higher in price than Radix.

So bottom line, at the moment Radix is I think the best option of the 3 commonly available dehy meals in NZ.
    BRADS likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Good company to deal with. They are genuinely interested to receive feedback.

For those not familiar with Radix, their range is supplied in 3 levels : Wellbeing, Performance and Expedition

I tend to choose the Wellbeing meals. Their calorie ratings are pretty close to what I normally eat, and I don't generally do massive multi-day tramps.

Taste wise it is a bit hit-and-miss, and personal preference. Some of the meals I find have a "soapy" taste for want of a better term. Other mates who use Radix have not found this. Contacted the folks at Radix, and they sent out some newer versions of the meals to test. Both the old and new Apple and Cinamon brekkie tastes weird to me. The Mixed Berry is much better.

As with most dehy meals, I tend to rehydrate for longer than the instructions recommend.

I seriously dislike the BackCountry meals. They taste like wet cardboard Absolute Wilderness has been ok for me, but quite a bit higher in price than Radix.

So bottom line, at the moment Radix is I think the best option of the 3 commonly available dehy meals in NZ.
    I'd agree with most of this. Breakfasts are a bit wierd. The newer main meals i think are much better again. Taste has always been fine but they use a mince instead of meat balls in some of the new ones that rehydrate better. I eat only the expeditions as im always tops hunting. The other big bonus is they take less water than any of the others. Only need 250mls for the expeditions which is equivalent to a 2 serve backcountry.

I also agree absolute wilderness are not to bad eating argueably the best but they are simply expensive and still full of shit of the ingredients. They never fill me up and a few days in i always feel drained.

Thanks guys for the info.

ebf
    @Mohawk660, I think they are still open for online orders direct from compay website.
    Stocky likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    @Mohawk660, I think they are still open for online orders direct from compay website.
    They are. They do FODMAP food for people with auto-immune issues.

Best dehydrated breakfast i have found to date wild berry muesli and coconut chips a big step up from back country's gut bag gourmet
    K95 likes this.

I got 2 off there FODMAP meals to try and didn’t enjoy them ,but I only tried the 2 so others might be ok

Be interested in hearing further thoughts as I need some more shit soon only have tried BC.
    Dan M

They are pretty good, not full of preservatives etc like the others, I’ll be getting more soon.

K95
    I've still got two big boxes of it. Used it a lot last year.
    "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.”