Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hokitika
    Posts
    1,089
    Are you measuring these with the volt reader on the charger or using an actual multimeter? Your charger may be incorrect - would be interesting to compare them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

  2. #17
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    Are you measuring these with the volt reader on the charger or using an actual multimeter? Your charger may be incorrect - would be interesting to compare them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just on the charger mate. I will compare with a multimeter as well next time the charger shows a big drop.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    594
    Measuring resting voltage of cells is a minefield. It's what they do under load that matters. By the time the resting voltage has dropped measureably, they've probably lost most of their capacity.

    Another issue is making sure you're comparing apples with apples. Lithiums generally lose very little charge over time compared to say old NiCds. My Bosch cordless drill lithiums sit for months and months and seem to lose bugger-all. The old NiCds from years back were noticeably down after two months.

  4. #19
    Member Puffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    374
    I'd advise basing comparisons between cells on actual run-time rather than open-circuit voltage measurements before deciding which to throw out.

  5. #20
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I'd advise basing comparisons between cells on actual run-time rather than open-circuit voltage measurements before deciding which to throw out.
    They do seem to get a good/expected runtime when charged. So probably not worth worrying about.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  6. #21
    Member LittleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    109
    Iím having the same problem with the eneloop pro AA using a nightcore charger. If I let them sit between uses they seem to loose a lot of their charge. Been using them in my head torch and pretty much have to charge them before going out every time. If I donít charge them between trips I notice significantly lower run time in both the battery in the head torch and the spare I carry round with it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every day is leg day.

  7. #22
    LOC
    LOC is offline
    Member LOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDave View Post
    Iím having the same problem with the eneloop pro AA using a nightcore charger. If I let them sit between uses they seem to loose a lot of their charge. Been using them in my head torch and pretty much have to charge them before going out every time. If I donít charge them between trips I notice significantly lower run time in both the battery in the head torch and the spare I carry round with it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lithium batteries do lose charge. Unsure what the rates of loss are but I have to top mine up between use. Iím using the same as you
    Is it a problem charging them before trips? If you charge them at least you have the peace of mind they are full

  8. #23
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDave View Post
    I’m having the same problem with the eneloop pro AA using a nightcore charger. If I let them sit between uses they seem to loose a lot of their charge. Been using them in my head torch and pretty much have to charge them before going out every time. If I don’t charge them between trips I notice significantly lower run time in both the battery in the head torch and the spare I carry round with it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like @R93 - I also having issues with the Eneloop Pro's
    I put it down to - there is a lot of crap (2nds) out there in the "online" marketplace

    Can't prove - but I most deff have with Lithium AA's
    Had 50% of one batch of 80 out of Germany were dud's

    So I think in future I might buy from a Camera shop and if a problem take back - they generally source from Head Manufacturer - I hope ?? - maybe not

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Timaru
    Posts
    164
    keep them in a sealed container in the fridge. cold slows down the discharge.

  10. #25
    Member LittleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by LOC View Post
    Lithium batteries do lose charge. Unsure what the rates of loss are but I have to top mine up between use. Iím using the same as you
    Is it a problem charging them before trips? If you charge them at least you have the peace of mind they are full
    Yeah they seem to loose quite a lot of charge, Iím also not sure what the discharge rate is. It just feels like it shouldnít be that bad, the nimh batteries I use are good for a lot longer. It isnít much of a problem charging them but Iíd imagine they have max amount of charges before they run out of life.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every day is leg day.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. AA Li Ion batteries..
    By Biggun708 in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-03-2017, 02:33 PM
  2. Best CR2 batteries?
    By Dr. Watson in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2017, 10:23 PM
  3. AA and AAA Batteries
    By 25/08IMP in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 27-08-2016, 06:13 PM
  4. Old batteries
    By Gutshot in forum Hunting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-09-2014, 08:25 PM
  5. L ion Batteries
    By 7mmwsm in forum Off topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-03-2014, 08:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!