Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: refill your disposable canisters

bivouac have some small MSR ones
    gadgetman, Munsey and Pengy like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Seems everyone sells them at roughly the $10 mark for the 110g MSR. The 230g version is only $6.50 at Mitre10. Go figure.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

It's all good advice Mauser. I appreciate the warning. There's good reason why NZ don't sell them, they tend to treat everyone to be as stupid as the most stupid f&@k which is one way of dealing with things. If treated correctly I believe these units are safe. I agree using the weight to fill. If I suddenly stop participating in this conversation ignore everything I've said
    veitnamcam, madmaori and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Sweet. I had to rangi mine

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Righto mine arrived but won't fit the 9 kg . Someone please tell me how to 'Rangi" mine please
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

SiB
    Your local mega or hardware store will probably carry replacement lpg bottle connectors. Simply cut off n replace. Make sure your fittings are tight afterwards.

Remember that leaking lpg liquid will "burn" your skin as severely as the flame will. Gloves and goggles are minimum I'd say. And well ventilated too. LPG is heavier than air I think. If I'm correct it'll mean It can accumulate in low areas.

Having said all that I've bought one too and will be trying it out when I get back from this weekend's wallaby trip

Vietnamcan is right. I took the first few turns of the thread off with a bench grinder because the thread is not quite right and can't wind in enough to lock in. Also remove the rubber washer off the fitting that goes into the 9kg as it stops it getting in far enough. It still seals perfectly without leaks. Remember I'm not responsible if you do some numbnuts job and fry yourself.
    Name:  lpg filler.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  354.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Righto mine arrived but won't fit the 9 kg . Someone please tell me how to 'Rangi" mine please

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    I had an old regulator lying around that was faulty and id replaced, i cut the end off it to get the screw in piece, and you are able to screw apart the new adapter hose, and remove the fitting and replace it with the fitting i took off the old regulator.

There is some thread locker on the threads of the brass fittings on the adaptor hose, i needed to apply some gentle heat from gas torch to release it, then it came apart nicely.

So is the adapter that was linked the wrong thread or are they all the wrong thread? Or hit and miss?

What about the canisters themselves? Are they designed to be refilled? Will they fatigue and fail? How many refills might be considered safe? (If any)

I would think that only the seals in the valve would be liable to perish from the longer use than as designed, other than internal corrosion I wouldn't think the canister would fail, have ordered a couple for gifts

The thread on the adapter is not quite right but can wind on enough to be secure.
    Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    So is the adapter that was linked the wrong thread or are they all the wrong thread? Or hit and miss?
    Shooter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    I think it is a bit hit and miss. I bought two and they both fit perfectly.
    Shooter likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I think it is a bit hit and miss. I bought two and they both fit perfectly.
    tin arse
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Makes a deafening sound when I sit down too quickly.

Mind you I'll need to buy new gas bottles very shortly and then they probably wont fit.
    veitnamcam likes this.

What a great idea. Always hated the idea of taking 2 cylinders on a walk just because I couldn't be positive of how much remained in the first one. Ill be ordering one or two myself.

Cheers