Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Rifle mounted torch.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    True - stick the Lenser P7 next to a maxtoch and it would be a very short romance with led lenser...
    Until the maxtoch stops...........

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Until the maxtoch stops...........
    I can make it go again.
    sneeze, mikee, Spoon and 2 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I have had many many many led lenser headlamps mostly and a few torches too.

Not one has failed.....but I for whatever reason lose them/stolen/left behind on a trip.

Having seen the one of the maxtoch it would be great for deer and far far superior to a led lenser P7-P14......like so much better it is a joke what you pay for a lenser.

When the lensers come out they were a revelation for the old school (me)..... now they are over priced under performing junk.

Anyone want to buy a P14?
    gadgetman, mikee and Pengy like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I had a P7, but my 10yo lost it at his camp recently, he said it was nicked...
    Now I have a P7.2 I put in an airsoft 30mm aimpoint mount on my shotty, and it works a treat, very impressed.
    Not used or heard of a Maxtorch before?

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    I had a P7, but my 10yo lost it at his camp recently, he said it was nicked...
    Now I have a P7.2 I put in an airsoft 30mm aimpoint mount on my shotty, and it works a treat, very impressed.
    Not used or heard of a Maxtorch before?
    Head to the light sticky.
    Pengy likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Grotto
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I can make it go again.
    And better than new!

I tested one of Gadget man's modified headlights alongside a couple of different led lensers very recently.
    Apart from putting out a stronger beam, GMs light revealed more detail at distance, due to the different colour of the light. Very impressed.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Every lenser headlamp Iv had has broken, Lensers are great I kept hearing. The last one I will ever own is an H7.2. First time out of the day pack and its come open and spilled the batteries, and its dark..... couldn't get the cover back on so taped it up, not broken just a shit fit. It put out a nice light but the new batteries where flat after 2 hrs. The next set didn't last much longer and my mates one has stopped working after the second trip. Lenser wont see another dollar of mine.
    My original maxtoch ( skyray) is still lighting up the sky after heaps of abuse, as are the 2x and M24.
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

my F%$ken expensive LED Lenser H14.2 was totally beaten by a "Gadgetman Special"
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Bugger. You should have stood a little higher. The P7.2 is the equivalent on an NZ$12 torch delivered to your door ex-China.
    Ok gadgetman what is your recommendation for a new headlamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even own a Maxtoch, I prefer to modify cheaper ones to get equal performance, and why mod a torch such as the Maxtoch that doesn't need modding? Anyway, I use torches with the same technology as Maxtoch and I know they are FAR superior to any LED Lenser - biggest difference being cost.
    I use this for spotlighting - I can pick up a gravel road at 1250m according to Google earth. Yes, 1.2 km. Best thing is it only cost me about $70NZD after modifications.
    I'd like to see a $70 LED Lenser do that...

Quote Originally Posted by southernredneck View Post
    Ok gadgetman what is your recommendation for a new headlamp

I like these

1set new 1800Lm CREE XM L XML U2 12W LED Headlamp Rechargeable Headlight Head Light Lamp +2x18650 4000MAH Battery + Charger-in Headlamps from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

or these

RA 608 Ergonomic Design head Light XM L2 U2 LED 1200LM Waterproof Bicycle Light LED HeadLamp flashlight with charger Retail box-in Headlamps from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Plenty of kits around with mains/vehicle chargers and a pair of batteries. Main thing is to get one win an XM-L2 U2. Look closely at the LED and make sure the base is silver and not green.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Yeah I'll have to admit I'm not that happy with my h7.2 the batteries run out far too quick

Get something that uses the rechargeable 18650 batteries as they have a greater energy density. Most of the batteries that come with the kits are a bit average, or slightly below but the rest works well.
    southernredneck likes this.

Will have to say that my Maxtoch M24 with the Panasonic rechargeable batteries way out does my LED lenser. Better distance and beam and able to pick outa lot more detail as well.
    Yep they are a bit hungry on power but well worth the trade off. I have mine mounted on the front left side, on a mount off my Laser (Laser is set for close range for possums in trees), and it balances the 10/22 nicely.
    I just extend my finger on my left hand and its on or off and I'm still in a good firing stance with my eye to the scope.
    Last edited by Natatale; 24-07-2015 at 10:37 PM.