Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sleeping bag - what do you think?

Looks like mine is just the standard stuff

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Looks like mine is just the standard stuff

How do you rate it anyway?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

My bag is rated 0deg comfort (down) f its cold i just keep my cloths on i always take fleece pants and puffer jacket for dry camp clothing anyway. Dont see the point in carrying massive bulky sleeping bag. Anyone else do this?

I own a lot of kathmandu stuff sleeping bag, puffer, tent and i have no problem with there stuff. their thermal tee's are the best

I don't even know what my current one is rated but i would guess +5 comfort, fine in huts or summer but too cold rest of year.
    End up sleeping in full clothes, figure a better one would mean less clothes in my pack.
    phillipgr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    How do you rate it anyway?
    Yup I reckon its mean. Its light and packs down nice and small. Worked fine in the middle of winter in the kaimanawas this year and that's about as cold as ill be going regularly so good for me. I have a summer synthetic bag and packs down only slightly smaller and I actually think it's heavier (haven't weighed them). It's my first time owning a down bag so I don't really have anything to compare it with but yeah I rate it.

Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I don't even know what my current one is rated but i would guess +5 comfort, fine in huts or summer but too cold rest of year.
    End up sleeping in full clothes, figure a better one would mean less clothes in my pack.
    You only sleep from midnight to 2am anyway VC so sleeping bags probably a waste
    phillipgr likes this.

I learned a lesson down the Kaimanawa last year ,woke in morning suffering from mild hypothermia.Didn't actually realize it at the time ,was using a bag rated a Nato type -10c .Was time for an up grade , got a Teton bag from Cabelas thats rated -32 /-25 f or vise versa .On special at moment again & come with left & right hand zips so you can join 2 together & take the other half . $109 usd
    The flannel lining is nice too .Just got a get a new air bed . Depends if you can put up with the bulk ,I think I can to be comfortable .
    Glade I had it early Sept; again Kaimanawa some pretty cold conditions.The bag is very bulky but not heavy ,fine camping handy to wagon.Didn't look like getting cold ,never been so comfy before & felt quite spoiled. Think I could put up with the bag strapped to top of my pack but with arthritic knees I ain't going to be packing in more than 3 or 4 hours now days.Not like 20 years ago 8 -12 hrs was common.
    Gun control means using both hands

I ended up getting a navigator 7 duck down large fit from kathmandu on special.
    Is bigger (room for clothes if really fing cold) will be warmer and packs down smaller than my other.
    Will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I learned a lesson down the Kaimanawa last year ,woke in morning suffering from mild hypothermia.Didn't actually realize it at the time ,was using a bag rated a Nato type -10c .Was time for an up grade , got a Teton bag from Cabelas thats rated -32 /-25 f or vise versa .On special at moment again & come with left & right hand zips so you can join 2 together & take the other half . $109 usd
    The flannel lining is nice too .Just got a get a new air bed . Depends if you can put up with the bulk ,I think I can to be comfortable .
    Glade I had it early Sept; again Kaimanawa some pretty cold conditions.The bag is very bulky but not heavy ,fine camping handy to wagon.Didn't look like getting cold ,never been so comfy before & felt quite spoiled. Think I could put up with the bag strapped to top of my pack but with arthritic knees I ain't going to be packing in more than 3 or 4 hours now days.Not like 20 years ago 8 -12 hrs was common.
    Thats quite strange as -32 f isnt even 0 c ??

Thats -32c/-25f
    Gun control means using both hands