Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By MB
  • 1 Post By rugerman

Thread: So. PLB / ACR ResQLink+ batteries...

So. PLB / ACR ResQLink+ batteries...

Following on from the link in this thread:

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....plb-new-88564/

The outfit listed that supplies these batteries does not export to NZ due to haz goods / DG's regulations... The other suppliers of that part number battery pack are either in Aussie or Singapore and don't appear to export either. Is there somewhere that supplies a ready made compatible pack that's in NZ?

And yes I understand the point about lifesaving equipment, software reset to factory specs and etc etc. In this case, the unit has not been stored anywhere near the sunlight or moisture and it's either going to be discarded with the battery out of it or a low cost compliant battery sourced and used as a spare unit. For the current cost of a commercial service and battery swap, I am more inclined to go for a new 10year unit as it's far more economical to go that way with a new unit than continue with the old which is where the question comes up as what to do with the old ACR unit. As far as the actual work, I've serviced many many items of diving gear and not had one leak down to 60+m so I am happy taking the thing apart and replacing the battery.

I'm of the understanding that these things are powered by 3 fairly generic Panasonic CR123's in series with a gendered mini connector - nothing flash in that aspect but quite keen to not have to manufacture my own in this instance. Quite happy to repack powertool batteries etc etc, haven't had one turn into a puff of smoke yet but as they say - this is lifesaving equipment!

MB
    No idea, but the next manufacturer that makes a PLB with user replaceable batteries that can be easily obtained for a reasonable price will get my money.
    Beaker, Padawan, RV1 and 1 others like this.

As far as I'm aware since KTI stopped making PLBs there are no 10 year battery life beacons around. 7 years is the longest i've seen but there may be a new one that is 10 years ?
    Happy Jack likes this.

Yep when I bought my KTI one it was simply due to being a 10 year one where as everything else at the time was 6 years