Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Stoney creek

Knock on his door and ask for a back steak in return
    Maca49 and Scouser like this.

Just looked and yep its a stony creek bush walker pack, bout the right size for a day pack but cannot handel the weight of a days venison in it,straps cut into shoulders too.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

northdude
    some people are harder on gear than others i use army surplus packs they seem to last
    Scouser likes this.

Got a Stoney Creek Huntlite (?) jacket and it is fine

K95
    I just want to write "fuck stoney creek" but its a bit blunt so I have added these extra words too.
    "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.”

stop beating round the bush and tell us how you really feel
    K95 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I don't rate or use the hunting stuff....
    But last year when after 10 years my Swazi one tough mother finally shat out I went looking for a replacement.
    While only a year old it's holding up to the abuse.
    https://www.stoneycreek.co.nz/Rural-...orce-11-Jacket

TJM
    We are good at bagging the Chinese but many people don't know most of the things we buy are manufactured there. its not the Chinese so much as how good the processes are of those companies ( not Chinese owned) are. Good quality control, in a modern factory means good repeatable produce. Most of the good manufactures are there and when they have finished they will move to India or another cheaper labour force. I've noticed most of my hunting gear is sourced in China and all of it is good

TJM your dead right, if we boycotted Chinese made it would get very plain and very expensive very quickly. They make a product to a price - some good stuff comes out of there but it comes down to material and QC.

Wait for global free trade - then were all fkd. I know I don't work for x-yen a hour

Anyone with preconceived ideas about China could do worse than read "Where underpants come from" by Joe Bennett.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Anyone with preconceived ideas about China could do worse than read "Where underpants come from" by Joe Bennett.
    I feel a ...... The asshole of the world pun brewing
    veitnamcam and Pengy like this.

Made in china or not if your products are badly designed then they will still fail. Its ok wait another 20 years till they pump out something decent
    #BallisticFists

Ive got one of the first Hybrids and thrashed it ,,,held up good so far ,,,,not sure what the new ones are like?? ,,,the new camo colour they are using doesnt do it for me
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

I haven't used any stoney creek stuff so can't comment directly about it.

I've seen a bunch of posts on here by people who buy the hunting brand jackets and then bash them in short order. Most of those hunting brands use layering systems, yet people bash the jackets due to not breathing, not being waterproof, not being warm enough, etc, etc. In my experience there is no "all-round" jacket. I can't recall seeing a post from someone bashing the whole system, just these endless "so and so jacket is crap" type posts.

Read plenty of bad things about the Hunters Element Extreme XTR jacket or whatever the hell the one I have is called. To me it's been great though. It's not warm unless you have warm clothes underneath it. It's water/windproof, packs down small and has awesome pockets and heat vents. That's all it's designed for. It doesn't surprise me people slam it for not being warm enough or not breathing.

I guess all i'm saying is I appreciate Toby's posts and use whatever jacket you buy the way it's designed and with the other layers it's designed to be used with .

I was going to buy Chinese on the way home for dinner. Might can that idea now.