Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Struth

yes I like the bulldozer photo -I watched a work mate back a D7 over his lunch bag -he was not impressed - my incident like this resulted in severe internal damage to saw as well not just a simple bar and chain replacement -scarf what I would have done with that tree even if it is small - make a cut a third of the way into it on the side you want it to fall -then cut angle down to that and remove a neat wedge -back cut or falling cut about i inch above - over she goes on a neat hinge -keep both the scarf cut and back cut dead level -easy peasy -

As I only clipped it I think its recoverable with a new piston/barrel and flywheel, plus some plastics. But as FMG coughed up immediately...who needs three operating Husky 395's!!!

I sent this photo, plus the one with it tucked half under the track and the FMG lady replied with an " Oh dear. The money's in your account"
    BRADS, Micky Duck and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    yes I like the bulldozer photo -I watched a work mate back a D7 over his lunch bag -he was not impressed - my incident like this resulted in severe internal damage to saw as well not just a simple bar and chain replacement -scarf what I would have done with that tree even if it is small - make a cut a third of the way into it on the side you want it to fall -then cut angle down to that and remove a neat wedge -back cut or falling cut about i inch above - over she goes on a neat hinge -keep both the scarf cut and back cut dead level -easy peasy -
    No need to tell @flock how to drop a thinning- he cut his teeth on Husky 380's @ The Big K Woody School
    Micky Duck likes this.

Thanks Bud, we spent 2 or 3 months axe thinning, loved it, wish I had of kept the axe which took heaps of filing & files, to get thinning trees down in a handful of blows.

For those unfamiliar with the 'Team America dance' reference, here it is for your enlightenment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g460wvyigM

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    For those unfamiliar with the 'Team America dance' reference, here it is for your enlightenment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g460wvyigM
    Durka Durka Durka mohammed jihad
    XR500 likes this.

As I only clipped it I think its recoverable with a new piston/barrel and flywheel, plus some plastics. But as FMG coughed up immediately...who needs three operating Husky 395's!!!

I sent this photo, plus the one with it tucked half under the track and the FMG lady replied with an " Oh dear. The money's in your account"
    Haha I know how you feel.
    Name:  A32757B8-D24F-4978-B4EA-2EAED89E2C91.jpeg
Views: 179
Size:  642.0 KB

Bury it mate to tie up the carbon

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    Thanks Bud, we spent 2 or 3 months axe thinning, loved it, wish I had of kept the axe which took heaps of filing & files, to get thinning trees down in a handful of blows.
    Yeah nar @flock ,got to do the axe thinning gig aswell,so know all about the countless hours with a flat bastard taking off the shoulder of the newly issued axe from stores and the blisters that went with it.All these years latter I can't for the life of me think why on earth we were trained in thinning with an axe when stores were full of racks of Husky 380,s. Treat em mean,keep em keen
    Micky Duck, Rocco, XR500 and 1 others like this.

maybe we should turn this into a best chainsaw fuck up - At Waikaremoana as Senior Ranger there I had a Task Force Green worker cut the handle clean of a 2100 with my precious 3120 we had a huge rimu windfall drop onto a track so muppets came back and asked if they could take the 3120- they had jammed a 2100 into the rimu - I reluctantly let them take it on the proviso that their supervisor used it -but no apparently young muppet decided he could handle the 3120 with its 5 foot bar and went around log buried 3120 into it and clean thru the 2100 handle -bloody lovely
    rugerman, 308, Micky Duck and 1 others like this.

I've found that once word gets round the traps that you're handy with a file to tickle up a saw,you soon go from Nigel No Mates to everyones mate.So ol mate drops off his saw ,reckons it's cutting like shit.Took one look and said 'theres your Problem.'Dickhead had tried to cut a cord with the chain back to front ffs!

I guess at least the chain would stay sharp

yup they are out there - Had a volunteer bring back a 266 after heading up Waikareiti track to clear a few windfalls - states it wont go -funny says I - I test started it before you took it- ohh says muppet motor starts but chain wont run - yup muppet had bloody chainbreak on - I had a serious discussion with Boss about muppets suitability as a volunteer and before you passed muppet onto me did you actually check his experience -I had not talked to him but simply left saw for him on bosses orders (muppet was a mate of the boss ) never saw him again
    Micky Duck likes this.

I'll lend the wife before I lend my chainsaws

Had a firewood working bee here a while ago. A few turned up with saws and the rest were to be labour on the hydraulic splitters. Saws all start up and begin rubbing their way through various logs. I crank up the 395 (which I had presharpened to a razors edge) and begin slicing rings up off some 1-2 foot dia logs piled up quicker than the small saws can get through some 8 inch stuff.
    2 min later they quietly go and put their saws back in their vehicles and help feed the splitter

I'll lend the wife before I lend my chainsaws

Had a firewood working bee here a while ago. A few turned up with saws and the rest were to be labour on the hydraulic splitters. Saws all start up and begin rubbing their way through various logs. I crank up the 395 (which I had presharpened to a razors edge) and begin slicing rings up off some 1-2 foot dia logs piled up quicker than the small saws can get through some 8 inch stuff.
    2 min later they quietly go and put their saws back in their vehicles and help feed the splitter
    My 880 with 30 inch bar and super chisel will give you go!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!