Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By McNotty
  • 1 Post By Hunty1
  • 1 Post By Sika 8
  • 2 Post By 300Shortmag
  • 1 Post By Moa Hunter

Thread: Tahr Ultralite jacket

Tahr Ultralite jacket

Hi, looking at a new raincoat soon and wondering whether the tahr ultralite is worth a look at. Cheers

Gidday,

Was just in the factory shop at duck shooting opening weekend. They’re changing the material because they’re getting a lot of reports of ripped jackets.
    I took a look and you definitely wouldn’t want to go bashing through the scrub in it.
    rupert, Moa Hunter and TimC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    Gidday,

Was just in the factory shop at duck shooting opening weekend. They’re changing the material because they’re getting a lot of reports of ripped jackets.
    I took a look and you definitely wouldn’t want to go bashing through the scrub in it.
    Cool thanks for that

Zip failed on mine after the second trip

Just get a hunters element halo....
    TimC likes this.

I second the halo. Brilliant jacket for the money.

Just buy the latest normal Tahr, they are brilliant + not they're not that heavy!
    outdoorlad likes this.

I’ve got both and prefer the lite one

Had the hunter's element halo leak like a siv on me first lap around farm on 4 wheeler. Wasn't impressed

Ive had two and really rate them , they aren't designed to be pushing through tight scrub all day . I like that they are lightweight and can stay in my pack until I need it. We had four wet days replacing the deck and building a new woodshed at the Boyd last month and we worked in the rain and hunted early morning and late evening each day. They dry out way faster than the regular Tahr and also weigh way less when you are really soaked . Reason I've had two is because one was cut off me for a ride in the rescue Heli after a motorbike incident gone wrong. Rumour has it there's a new one due out around xmas time .
    hotsoup and Sika 8 like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kimber08 View Post
    Hi, looking at a new raincoat soon and wondering whether the tahr ultralite is worth a look at. Cheers
    @kimber08 , Did you get a jacket ? I hope not before you have a look at these ones, I got one last week :https://www.nzgrhunts.com/ - clothing
    I already have a Swazi Tahr but like others say they are a one day jacket because they wont dry overnight for the next day.
    I got one of the Hunters Corner $55 specials as a feeding out jacket last week. I have worn it each day shifting electric break fences in 1 mtr + high soaking Kale cutting a line with a gorse slasher. Canterbury got 100mm rain on Sunday and I stayed dry, give the jacket a shake and its near enough dry again. Pockets are brilliant with beautiful closures on the zips and plenty of them in the right places. The fabric outer has not made any give away sounds rubbing on anything so it passes that test for hunting. Sometimes a little crinkle sound from the internal membrane. Very light and superb value
    ROKTOY likes this.