Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Tent repair

Tent repair

I'll make this long story short. I walked in to some public land labour weekend and pitched my tent. Next morning I left my dog in the tent since he is useless and being quite. I walked up the river about 200mtrs and I shot my first deer on public land! I was buzzing and on a high that was epic. I decided since I was so close to camp I would go back to get the dog and do a bit of training with him to find the hind I just shot.
    I started walking down stream and seen this movement on the riverbank of a little white foxy. My heart sank and I knew what the little shit had done. I met him on the other side of the river and walked back to camp. Unzipped the fly and my high came crashing down. The little bastard must of heard my shot and clawed a hole in the flyscreen door on my partners near new tent.
    I gave him a good tune up but now need to fix the tent.
    This is the tent https://www.intentsoutdoors.co.nz/co...silnylon-1-7kg

Any ideas on where I can get this fixed? Or fix it myself?

Now he will be left at home or chained up under a tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Tenacious tape would be worth a go.

get some clear 100mph cloth tape and just double side it....or spend half the price of tent to get it repaired at any half decent saddlery or dressmakers...canvas shop... anyone who has a sewing machine and half a brain can do it....but seriously, tape it from both sides and be done with it.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

we were camping up at lake and a hedgehog came for nightly visit,it must have had a deathwish,Nugget the cocker spaniel managed to OPEN the mesh door without breaking zip etc and dealt to it...
    RV1 likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Gone but not forgotten
    That brings back memories of my family's Jack Russell!
    1. He saw me leaving on the motorbike with a rifle - shredded the curtains at the front door.
    2. Left him shut in my wagon while I tried to catch a lamb that was on the wrong side of the fence - shredded the inside of the door.
    3. Tore big holes in my almost brand new Swandri, I can't remember why.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Haha, another part of the story was that night when I went to bed I was just falling asleep and something hit my tent and scared the shit of me. He shot up and ran out the tent and chased something up the spur where we where camped. I reckon I was a deer that bumped the tent when it came out of the river and could see the tent from below but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by erniec View Post
    Tenacious tape would be worth a go.
    I did think of something like that, I might have some flashing tape in the garage from when I reclad my house.
    I'll have to run that one by the miss to see if she is happy with that or if she wants a new door.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    That brings back memories of my family's Jack Russell!

3. Tore big holes in my almost brand new Swanndri, I can't remember why.
    That's easy, because he's a Jack Russell !
    Micky Duck likes this.
    If you have a garden and a library, you have all you need. Oh, and a dog, and a rifle

Ecoply tape from your friendly builder, I use it for all sorts or repair
    uk_exile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter83 View Post
    I'll make this long story short. I walked in to some public land labour weekend and pitched my tent. Next morning I left my dog in the tent since he is useless and being quite. I walked up the river about 200mtrs and I shot my first deer on public land! I was buzzing and on a high that was epic. I decided since I was so close to camp I would go back to get the dog and do a bit of training with him to find the hind I just shot.
    I started walking down stream and seen this movement on the riverbank of a little white foxy. My heart sank and I knew what the little shit had done. I met him on the other side of the river and walked back to camp. Unzipped the fly and my high came crashing down. The little bastard must of heard my shot and clawed a hole in the flyscreen door on my partners near new tent.

Number of good places in New Plymouth Elco up Devon street would be first port of call - there is also a canvas maker on Richmond road just up from main road they are good

Banned
    Take it to a shop that repairs wedding dresses, they will have a fine lace type gauze that they use that is as fine as sandfly mesh and sew a piece in for you
    canross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter83 View Post

You got off cheaply . What about the trailer connections on your Hilux and trailer. So many times . Now sport a grill under the Hilux and the trailer is permanently wrapped up and covered. The younger dog loves that plastic. Left tray down twice on Hilux as had deer in back. Turned around to get a coffee. Both times chewed out. Only took 5 mimutes inattention. My auto sparky just loves his super scheme.
    Micky Duck and RV1 like this.

Ned
    Can you just pack it away, then look all surprised next time it comes back out?
    "What!! How on earth did that happen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Can you just pack it away, then look all surprised next time it comes back out?
    "What!! How on earth did that happen?!"

Good practising there your have it down to an art and no time Porter83