Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Thoughts on tatonka modulus

Ngo

Thoughts on tatonka modulus

Looking at getting a tatonka modulus wondering if anyone using one can share their thoughts on it

For the money you might as well just buy a purpose built hunting pack like a Mystery ranch, Kuiu, Exo, Stone glacier etc... you'll never look at a Tatonka again.
    Monk, hotsoup, Ngo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    For the money you might as well just buy a purpose built hunting pack like a Mystery ranch, Kuiu, Exo, Stone glacier etc... you'll never look at a Tatonka again.
    To be fair.. the Tatonka modulus + pack is still half the price.

Was looking at an exo landed in NZ and its over $2k ..

However I agree those top shelf packs are just on another level
    Ngo likes this.

Still looking at around the $700 mark for the modulus frame and a bag to go with it.

I paid $800 for my Mystery ranch Marshall on sale here in NZ from Safari supplies I think normally $1000, Stone glacier are here in NZ now to.
    hotsoup and Ngo like this.

STC
    https://tatonka.co.nz/hunting/modulus/

Designed in NZ - By whom? a first year design student in wellington, who has never ventured further than to the nearest beach?

Tested to the extreme in NZ - by walking up and down 100m on said beach.

But hey they made the bag look green so it must be good for hunting...

They have essentially just turned the bison into a separate frame and bag, and used the word "hunting" so they can charge more.

Have fun doing hunting in NZ bush with that retarded frame sticking out like it is

The bag is not even waterproof so you have to deal with a rain cover that will get either blown off by wind or shredded by bush.

What a bunch of clueless numpties
    Ngo and Sika 8 like this.

Ned
    With the 75+10 bag on it, you're already up to 4.2kg which is 1kg heavier than the standard 90+10 pack.
    hotsoup, stagstalker, Ngo and 1 others like this.

Kuiu,stone glacier,mystery ranch.you’ll never look at a Tatonka again.I’d be looking at stone glacier now they are available in NZ

FWIW I have the previous version Lastenkraxe frame and while it is a handy seat around camp, the thing squeaks like a bunch of Greenies saying that shoplifting is a direct result of refugee trauma

Yea most others have nailed it. Off shore options are the way. My Kuiu pack changes bags real quick and easy, has a load shelf, is super comfy and weighs like 2kg empty.. Stone Glacier being in NZ now will give them a run too. 4kg plus for just the empty pack is just crazy in this current day..
    stuart and Monk like this.

Try avoid Tatonka if you can. Far higher quality options available on the market. It's a buy once cry once item
    308, Monk, SikaHuntaa and 1 others like this.

Not my pick as there packs don't fit me but I think the likes of South Island rifle walkers have been testing them on Youtube and probably a few others have too. The Duleys tend to use Tatonkas on their shows.
    Happy Jack.

Can someone please tell me who is selling Stone Glacier in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    Not my pick as there packs don't fit me but I think the likes of South Island rifle walkers have been testing them on Youtube and probably a few others have too. The Duleys tend to use Tatonkas on their shows.
    They use Tatonka rain covers to cover up what it is they are actually using a lot of the time.
    stuart, Monk, Sika 8 and 1 others like this.

The harness on the Tatonka Bison is mint for carrying heavy weight. I would def buy another and not worry about the modulus.

Also with the ‘premium’ side of the market I’m not convinced that all weight savings are a good thing. If something weighs a bit more but increases comfort or reduces fatigue then it’s not a negative

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    They definitely don't! Maybe on the off snippet. But any of their proper expedition trips you won't find them using Tatonka