Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tyvek for ground sheet.

Send it through the washing machine a couple of times - it softens the fabric and quietens it down a heap. No detergent required.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Yep, they are used as moisture barriers so youd want to hope so

Did you find any man? I can grab some if you need
    No I have not found any yet. No building near me. Will keep looking though...

Quote Originally Posted by Robojaz View Post
    No I have not found any yet. No building near me. Will keep looking though...
    Where are you based? I'll see if my construction manager can grab some for me

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Where are you based? I'll see if my construction manager can grab some for me

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Crikey!! That'd be awesome if you could get some. Am in Wellington. Pm me the cost etc..

Thanks and much appreciated.
    Nick-D likes this.

alternative -next time mrs is in toqwn ask her to call into a local haberdashery or dressmaking shop which stocks bulk materials -strong parka nylon /or some even stock heavy duty nylon for incontinence sheets for infants etc to protect the bed ding/mattress -2-3metres of that would do the trick and if you get red of orange could double as an emergency location panel for a chopper if you get injured in bush or on the tops. its usually pretty reasonably priced too.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    alternative -next time mrs is in toqwn ask her to call into a local haberdashery or dressmaking shop which stocks bulk materials -strong parka nylon /or some even stock heavy duty nylon for incontinence sheets for infants etc to protect the bed ding/mattress -2-3metres of that would do the trick and if you get red of orange could double as an emergency location panel for a chopper if you get injured in bush or on the tops. its usually pretty reasonably priced too.
    3m window film works awesome as well, lighter and quieter than tyvek too