Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Watches

I got a Casio G-shock Riseman (think they're now called a Rangeman). Does the job well enough. Would be better if I wore it more often but I use my phone more.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

LOC
    had a suunto core for a number of years that was surprisingly more useful than I ever expected it to be - but it had what can only be described as a catastrophic software failure after about 3 years. I subsequently found out this is quite a common issue and was outside of warranty...

Ejected
    Attacking this from a different angle have you considered a smartwatch?

There are really two major platforms (if you rule out Apple Watch based on price) which are Pebble and Android Wear. I picked up a Huawei Watch recently (came free with the Huawei P9 I brought the mrs) and am loving it. It's the model that google are pushing so one of two that gets the preview update of Android Wear 2.0. It doesn't do the temp and baramometer but does lots of other cool stuff, shows you your notifications, remote shutter for your phone camera, can store music on it so you can listen without your phone, lets you control your music and it even tells the time!

The battery lasts two days, it has a saphire screen and unlike the Apple Watch the screen stays on all the time and it's actually round like a watch should be.

Because they are marketing the P9 quite hard and it comes with the watch there are quite a few on trade me selling for about $300.

Pebble is the other major brand. They have their own eco system and app store and traditionally have used an eink screen which means the battery lasts a lot longer.

Both of these brands can be used with either iOs or Android.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yip not too fussed with temp, baro is the key of course You know what I'm thinking
    Just make sure the baro in your watch reads its pressure from a genuine barometer, not from being converted to air pressure from an internal altimeter

Some watches only have an altimeter and the readout on its " barometer" is actually estimated from an altimeter reading.

If in doubt - enter 28.5 inhg and just shoot the Deer.

wsm junkie, Pengy and Mathias like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Suunto Core.
    +1 blackcore is the best watch I have owned by far. Few newer ones out as well.
    Baro always reads the same or very close to my kestrel. Temp reading is shit on them tho.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I am intrigued. Gibo what are you trying to do man? I know you can't tell the fucking time coz ya stayed out all night with Pointer at Toby's party even though you knew Pengy was waiting in the double bed for ya.
    Pengy and Maca49 like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Garmin tactics,Probably not good if you have weak arms or a bit limp wristed but does what you are after.Charging them every 6-8 weeks can be a pain.

I've got a quarter, wanna top me up
    I don't actually have one, but a mate does and its awesome, and im still trying to get him drunk enough so he passes out and "loses his watch..."

Failing that they cost about NZ$700 at duty free in Santiago, Chile, was pretty tempted to buy one back in February and probably will next time I head over
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    $4.50 Plus your old anvil Plus an Export Gold upon delivery Maca the King of Watch collectors ha ha ha
    Mate if I had more coin I'd have more watches than you have rifles, now that's s big challenge, you wouldn't be able to count high enough to know how many you own
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nah im good, you keep your granddad watch
    You'd rather wear plastic huh
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    You'd rather wear plastic huh
    Id rather it do what i want. Can that change what units it reads: alt, baro, have a bearing etc. no offense but its not what im after
    And yes plastic is my budget

How could you offend me Gibo? Plastic it is!!
    Gibo likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Actually a hair and a freckle is my budget

I got a Rolex you can have just needs a new battery, but would add some class! Hahaha
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Here make me an offer!Attachment 52189
    I'm not a huge fun of IWC in general but that's quite pretty.

Had a play with a mates Deep Sea Sea Dweller today. Massive but sexy as all fuck!!!!

WAY bigger than my standard sea dweller.