Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wet weather gloves - recommendations

H.M
    Have some sealskin dragon eye gloves, have had full days hunting in snow and rain and hands stay dry and warm very happy with them.

Been looking at these- how are they for trigger work ? Are they sufficiently thin and flexible to allow safe trigger pull ?

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Been looking at these- how are they for trigger work ? Are they sufficiently thin and flexible to allow safe trigger pull ?
    I have been wearing fingerless leather mitts - cheap Mongolian knock offs - surprising just how warm your hands stay even given the fact half your fingers and thumb are bare
    So - no problem with trigger finger or Bino/Thermal buttons and knobs etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Are they big fitting - most gloves seem to be small for their size - if you get what I meaning
    Yeah they are, most military kit i've bought from them has been larger fitting. Gloves wise i ordered 2 sizes smaller than what the sizing guide recommended on their site. however i prefer tight fitting gloves so they retain full dexterity when working with them on. I can't stand loose fitting gloves for work.

I have had to return goods in the past to get the correct sizing and on each occasion it was hassle free. there awesome gloves, have ended up buying a few pairs to store away and use once my current ones are worn. Shouted a mate a pair too as he was looking for a waterproof set for his bike, he's stoked with them too.
    Sarvo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Guys H&F Dannevirke have the new version of Xtreme bit pricey but a snug fit.Was in there today.I find these gloves are less bulky than youngstown.
    Attachment 89289Attachment 89290Attachment 89291
    Just brought a pair off these at hunting and fishing. Looking forward to the cold wet days to try them. Tryed them out today it was cold wind but not cold enough, had to take them off my hands were getting to hot
    Dundee likes this.

Well I've upgraded again.These are a bit thinner and pricey but see how they go.
    Name:  picture 01 5552.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  165.2 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Don’t laugh too hard…

Name:  747F0968-DB98-4C82-B158-95745DE26137.png
Views: 193
Size:  47.6 KB

I forgot decent gloves one trip last winter and had a very uncomfortable day on the bike with a pair of soaked lightweight work gloves. Hands just about bloody froze, clearly remember being unable to open my fly at one point and nearly having another problem.

The next day I took a $3 pair of dishwashing gloves and put them on underneath some old school woollen gloves full of lanolin. Problem solved.
    Dundee, Micky Duck and RV1 like this.
    Just...say...the...word

I'll probably lose them.
    Name:  picture 01 5556.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  163.8 KB
    XR500 likes this.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I'll probably lose them.
    Slow learner huh ?

Considering your history with losing camo gloves I'd have thought you would be buying fluoro orange or pink ones these days

Looks like the local Dwights have the light weight version of those DexShell gloves, will pop in when I have a gap and check out the sizing - their online sizing guide is a bit whacky...
    Dundee likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Yeah well that will teach me,fork out $110 for water proof gloves after loosing the stoney creek ones in a paddock of mud.
    Name:  picture 01 5559.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  164.4 KB
    4 days later it was found,now drying next to the fire.
    Name:  picture 01 5560.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  163.1 KB
    On the plus side i will use the dex shell gloves when shotgunning and the stoney creek at work.
    NRT likes this.
    CFD

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Don’t laugh too hard…

Attachment 199339

I forgot decent gloves one trip last winter and had a very uncomfortable day on the bike with a pair of soaked lightweight work gloves. Hands just about bloody froze, clearly remember being unable to open my fly at one point and nearly having another problem.

The next day I took a $3 pair of dishwashing gloves and put them on underneath some old school woollen gloves full of lanolin. Problem solved.
    THIS IS THE ANSWER.

When working in market gardens years ago we would wear polypropylene gloves with dishwashing gloves over top. Never had cold or wet hands. This included harvesting cabbages and cauliflower on below zero frosty mornings.
    Give it a go, it honestly works and probably the cheapest option out there too.

the next level up is fleece lined rubber gloves,I can grab and tie off electric fences running at 5 wearing them..untill they get holed,and believe me you will KNOW when they do...... great on farm bikes on cold mornings.....slip them off for shooting etc then back into the warmth again....
    75/15/10 black powder matters