Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: what's the best 2 man tent for hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    huntech bivy....been using borrowing bro in laws for years and finnally got one myself.awesome bit of kit.
    The Huntech bivy is all I have ever used even in the worst of weather.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    huntech bivy....been using borrowing bro in laws for years and finnally got one myself.awesome bit of kit.
    What's it like for condensation? Been told that bivvy bags should be renamed condensation sacks.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

I cant speak for mickey duck but I meant huntech fly. bivys do condensate due to small area with limited air flow.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I cant speak for mickey duck but I meant huntech fly. bivys do condensate due to small area with limited air flow.
    Ah. The bivvy bag and bivvy are two different things.

The huntech bivvy looks good. Need a ground sheet though.

But at 190 bucks it seems like a 2 man tent could be bought for not much more.

I own the Stoney Creek Shelter - its basically the same as the Huntech Bivvy but slightly bigger, lighter and made of blaze orange. So far I've had it out for around 5 nights in a variety of places. No real rain to speak of but from what I've read of how the Huntech Bivvy stands up, this one will be no different.

Easy as to set up and take down. Heaps of room for two people and a dog plus gear. My partner and I went for a walk last week with the dog. Easily fit us with gear and still enough room to cook at the open end out of the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Don't they condensate due to only having one layer above you
    This is where the Tents with fly over frame layer ad stop condensation

I have a Huntech Bivy - great for erecting and don't need to good a spot to put it - but now use with "bivy bag" over sleeping bag as well

I have a question.

Do you guys think it's worth getting a quality bivvy like the huntech or stoney creek or a cheap nature hike tent? The tent will be 230 odd dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I have a question.

Do you guys think it's worth getting a quality bivvy like the huntech or stoney creek or a cheap nature hike tent? The tent will be 230 odd dollars

I reckon you better off with what I said above
    The Bivvy bags can be used on light hunt overnight in good weather when you want to hunt in close and late and then just curl up in some natural shelter.
    Then the Bivvy Huntech fly can be used as more base.

Cheap tents are cheap and can be a pain with lost pegs and difficult to set up if caught out late and cant find good ground etc

I just bought a Big Agnes Scout UL2 tent as I wanted something with a bit more room than my Terra Nova Solar Competition for multiday trips. Its a trekking pole single layer tent but is a good design to prevent condensation and it has plenty of room for two and gear, weighs 900gms with footprint included and I use trekking poles anyhow so may as well put them to another use
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

kw
    Buy a big agnes fly creek for one person and let your mate do the same. then you will have all bases covered.
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle7 View Post
    Buy a big agnes fly creek for one person and let your mate do the same. then you will have all bases covered.
    What are the prices of these Big Agnes here

Was thinking of getting one of these or a MSR Hubba Hubba in from Ukraine - some good prices there as shops tipping over left-right and center

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    I reckon you better off with what I said above
    The Bivvy bags can be used on light hunt overnight in good weather when you want to hunt in close and late and then just curl up in some natural shelter.
    Then the Bivvy Huntech fly can be used as more base.

Cheap tents are cheap and can be a pain with lost pegs and difficult to set up if caught out late and cant find good ground etc
    Cool. Don't plan on fly camping much in winter so that sounds ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Cool. Don't plan on fly camping much in winter so that sounds ok.

What ever direction you go - buy quality - not cheap.
    And watch storage - Re mouses - little pricks

kw
    Sort of up there in price but they are real light, do the job with no fuss and easy to carry all day. The Ukraine shopping sounds a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle7 View Post
    Sort of up there in price but they are real light, do the job with no fuss and easy to carry all day. The Ukraine shopping sounds a good idea.
    I would prob take a punt on buying a 2nd hand one over there - problem is "da mother in-law" wont know what to check for - although she is a seamstress sewer
    If I find a supply of New will let Forum know
    whirehair likes this.