Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Best ammo for parries?

Best ammo for parries?

another good one is while your mate is havn a piss and only if he has a pump cut the very front of shell empty out shot reload before hes back and wait for nxt duck its hilarious
    veitnamcam and Maca49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 30calterry View Post
    another good one is while your mate is havn a piss and only if he has a pump cut the very front of shell empty out shot reload before hes back and wait for nxt duck its hilarious
    I have a plan now
    VIVA LA HOWA

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I take it this could get interesting with full or extra full choke ?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    To be honest, I think that choke mean buggers all when you arr forcing the case down the bore.
    Cyl to full is typically 40 thou (1mm) constriction from memory - and from the chamber to bore you are pushing alot more than that

Another thing to consider is that size shot from the USA differs in pellet diameter to that of UK and also from Italy. A No.3 shot from USA is 3.6mm dia, which is approximately the same as a No.1 from UK, and falls in between 1 and 2 from Italy.
    UK no.3 is approx the same size as USA no.4 (3.3mm). Bottom line - shells from the USA have bigger pellets than UK and Italy (for the same designated sizing).
    Also, muzzle velocity is measured at the muzzle for UK/Europe shells, but 3 feet out from the muzzle in USA. That 3 feet does make a difference to velocities for steel (which slows much quicker than lead), meaning when comparing velocity, USA if going faster than the equivalent UK shells.
    All sounds pretty boring, but it does make a big difference - particularly the shot size comparison.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

I seen a fulla at the range that switched the last shot at a shoot out and it was down too the last target,the fulla reloaded his own and the last shot from the competitor fired compheti.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Ejected
    Very very dodgy, stuck wad could cause MAJOR issues....

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post

Why would the wad not exit the barrel? Serious question
    , does it collapse?

I found 223 was very effective ,messy but effective.They tend to explode some what.
    Gun control means using both hands

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Why would the wad not exit the barrel? Serious question
    , does it collapse?
    Opps, wrong way round. We had a shot go pop the other day, shot sort of came out but stuck wad. Just luck one of the boys noticed.

Best ammo for parries?

so a wad if its doesnt exit and they all do is serious because when the nxt wad hits the last plastic wad theres to much pressure? or when jokes ova and there where no shot filld shells in the gun anyway ,check the gun and carry on!

Your very right Wirehunt ,the next shell could split the barrel its full length due to excess pressure.The guy holding it could very likely end up in A & E. Quite scarey ,I wouldn't want to be responsible .

I have a few primers for a shotgun laying around, What if I cut and old shell and just put the half shell with only the primer in, Im gonna do it to my brother just have it in my pocket till I get the chance
    VIVA LA HOWA

Best ammo for parries?

the wad is just behind the shot pushing it , if theres no shot it must go faster and exit better , be worried if it didnt exit with no shot because with shot it is more likely to get stuck isnt it?
    PerazziSC3 and Toby like this.

Best ammo for parries?

just fired 2 rounds out back at midget height gun level , with shot wad goes 20m, without shot goes 24m
    Toby and Maca49 like this.

just fired 2 rounds out back at midget height gun level , with shot wad goes 20m, without shot goes 24m
    Wouldn't put money on that happening with a full or even 3/4 choke.Lost count of the number of times I've wads stuck in barrels at the gun club.Any shooter that does it twice ,its on ya bike clown .