Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A bit of summer action

Dundee, Tim finds it real hard to take good photos & shoot at the same time, rest assured he does his fair share of shooting.

Im not bitching Merrit enjoying this thread

Just another outdoors addict
    I guess I could have explained a little better. I hate missing opportunities. Alot of my hunting is done alone and consequently the pics will mainly be dead birds at the end of a hunt. I'm really enjoying trying to get action hunting pics which generally requires hunting with other people, and also makes the quiet times far more enjoyable..... All the people I hunt with are handy with a shotty and I am more than happy to pick up the camera now and again. In the case of the parry pics the limits had been taken and we were just mucking about. There are plenty of other pics that I will use elsewhere, and I still get plenty of trigger time

We are still meant to be in early Autumn, yet outside it is duck weather to die for. I enjoyed a good hunt on the canadas in extreme conditions this morning. The geese didn't play the game as I'd have liked. I'm sure they heard the shooting and knew what was up. I managed to retrieve 11 from the three opportunities offered before the geese closed up shop. Waders, thermals and rain jacket didn't make for easy or quick shooting. Highlight was the spectacular mallard action that anyone in the world would be jelous of. No photo's unfortunately! That will close to round out my summer wingshooting (I think, and does sound like a tui add) so I thought I'd post a few more pics.

Canada action has been a bit quiet with the culls and late harvests, but to be honest these are the types of hunts that should make me excited. I had it too good for too long

I bought in a layoutblind bag, about the only new bit of kit for a while. A great idea, folds and clips back in a square. If you have shot out of a layout blind you will see why this is the shizz

And a decoying parry. More later

Where'd you get the bag Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allen View Post
    Thankyou. I enjoy "trying" to get good pics..... most of the time I fail I could ask no more of any of my posts than to inspire someone to give it ago.

MERRITT- things are looking great at the moment. I would hope it will help to have more water for longer! In years past with a bit of water around we were always in trouble of being weeded out, but with a few years of grunt spraying it looks like we can put our feet up a bit...... and hope "someone" doesn't shoot next door in the week previous

Cheers Shootm, Dundee
    Hi Tim , nice photos what type of camera you use . Ive tryed in the past to get action photos of birds , they just end up tiny wee smudge with clear background ,ie camera cant focus on the bird. ps im not a camera geek so if your comback containes SLR settings tech stuff,\ youll lose me. Another thing im thinking of a layout blind ,they range from $200 to almost $500 . What you recomend . Thanks Munsey

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffit View Post
    Where'd you get the bag Tim?
    It's a dirty word, but I imported it. It's an FA bag that folds and clips square, but like magic unclips and folds out in a straight line which is ideal for down the side of ya layout blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Hi Tim , nice photos what type of camera you use . Ive tryed in the past to get action photos of birds , they just end up tiny wee smudge with clear background ,ie camera cant focus on the bird. ps im not a camera geek so if your comback containes SLR settings tech stuff,\ youll lose me. Another thing im thinking of a layout blind ,they range from $200 to almost $500 . What you recomend . Thanks Munsey
    Cheers- photo's are mostly luck. I'm using a canon 1000D. I use it on the sport setting for in flight stuff, even so crisp picks are in the lap of the gods. Hold the button down and go for it

A layout blind is a great bit of kit. It would be hard to go past the Finisher or Groundforce from Hunting and Fishing at the moment. Prices are excellent. I have four blinds two of which are finishers. They have seen some use and still going.
    Last edited by Breda; 22-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.