Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By The bomb
  • 2 Post By Gapped axe

Thread: Duck boat ideas

Duck boat ideas

Here is my latest and greatest,scissor blind that fits the 12ft Parkercraft,remove 4 pins and the sides fold down,remove either 4 clamps or 4 bolts to re,move the lot,doesn’t weigh much either which is a bonus,just need a proper trailer setup to load it onto ,only have standard garden trailer at the moment which means I need to flip the boat onto it to transport ,any other tips to make it more user friendly appreciated..Attachment 135600

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  2.52 MB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  2.14 MB
    FatLabrador likes this.

If your trailer deck will accommodate the hull almost correct way up, consider fitting a couple of ‘vees’ from side of trailer to centreline, thus supporting rig in preferred position.

Thinking a quick release anchor setup with a float so I can just ditch the rope as well when picking up birds(no longer have a dog)maybe a swivel seat as well so I can shoot sitting,have already made a platform in bow to sit the gas tank on and have spot for the oars to run down the inside strapped together to keep them out of the way.

I have an office chair in my boat, its brilliant. It is super comfortable as you can rest your back and can swivel around watching birds 360 degrees with only my legs creating movement. Sitting while shooting imo is paramount , it is safer , boat doesnt wobble when standing to shoot. Front blind can be lower than back blind and back blind being higher will reduce your silhouette.

Got a landing net setup on a long pole for retrieving on the move,real stumpy where I shoot so usually leave motor tilted up and use the oars unless chasing a woundy in the open water.

shepherds crook is simply awesome for decoy retrieval from boat,snag the line underneath them and lift in....I usually on decoy pick up duties and when have 6-8 in boat,take to shore for others to sort and pack away.
    maybe 2 floating anchors might be good idea,so you can pin boat from swinging in breeze (praise be to god yes please) or tide/current.

Yip what Micky says, 2 anchors is a must.

Yep got decoy hook setup as well,even extends out to 8ft long if needed.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  1.86 MB

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Thinking a quick release anchor setup with a float so I can just ditch the rope as well when picking up birds(no longer have a dog)maybe a swivel seat as well so I can shoot sitting,have already made a platform in bow to sit the gas tank on and have spot for the oars to run down the inside strapped together to keep them out of the way.

I have a swivell chair out of my Fryan, you can have. Son could bring it back aftter the weekend. Free
    veitnamcam and Swan1313 like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"