Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: duck preserves can f off

MB
    Isn't there already privilege? Massive areas of land are privately owned (and hunted). I don't begrudge anyone anything, but NZ is far from a free-for-all hunting paradise. Maybe you guys on the South Island, or lower North Island feel different?

put down a 100 and you can harvest 200.
    you mean wild ducks drawn in??
    but NZ is far from a free-for-all hunting paradise. Maybe you guys on the South Island, or lower North Island feel different?
    its the resourse the ducks that are free to anyone who buys a licence and couldnt be held without a permit,
    they changed legislation so they could own wild deer they can fuck off and leave ducks alone.
    now permits to buy and release ducks seem easier to geteven tho theres no studies supporting captive mallard releases.
    but doc wont say to who they,re bieng issiued to or whyand niether do they care.
    if you think f&G do f all nowfor bird hunting see what happens if this comes to pass.
    Bullshit..... most will and do take there peg on a duck drive, it’s part of the day
    so what ive been told about illegal payed duck shoots at certain preserves is true??
    Last edited by gsp follower; 27-04-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    Bullshit..... most will and do take there peg on a duck drive, it’s part of the day
    Okay. Sounds like you know what you are talking about. Could you remind me which preserves take their Guns (pegs are what they stand on) for a duck drive on the same day that they shoot driven pheasants or partridge? I can't recall any. I have just talked to my dogs, who spent much of April and May on different preserves, and they have told me that they didn't do any duck drives.

TreeTops did a couple duck days, but I don't recall them shooting pheasants on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hautapu View Post
    Okay. Sounds like you know what you are talking about. Could you remind me which preserves take their Guns (pegs are what they stand on) for a duck drive on the same day that they shoot driven pheasants or partridge? I can't recall any. I have just talked to my dogs, who spent much of April and May on different preserves, and they have told me that they didn't do any duck drives.

TreeTops did a couple duck days, but I don't recall them shooting pheasants on the same day.
    if they did duck days and charged for the hunt then they broke the law.

I'm very much against it. Ducks fly quite long distances to feed, quite different from upland birds so the money backed ability of so-called duck preserves to feed massively and then slaughter very large numbers of ducks drawn in from a large area of wild bird populations is detrimental to both the wild population and to "normal" hunters opportunities and ethics.
    gsp follower likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I'm very much against it. Ducks fly quite long distances to feed, quite different from upland birds so the money backed ability of so-called duck preserves to feed massively and then slaughter very large numbers of ducks drawn in from a large area of wild bird populations is detrimental to both the wild population and to "normal" hunters opportunities and ethics.
    you might want to check out whats going on at ngamatea station then

i hope none of your licence dollars were used
    BRADS likes this.

Can you enlighten us a little more please? That place is a few hours from me; ie I have no contacts there.

Ahh those wonderful times fill the pond with the choicest titbits and shoot every duck for miles.....guaranteed.Worked every time!True.