Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ducklings

ducklings

parakai ducklings out about already isnt this a bit out of season , would explain why numbers were down this year possibly nesting ?

thats pretty early alright,where the hell is Parakai?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    where the hell is Parakai?
    Almost in my back yard Dundee
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

if I've never heard of a location,I just say up North so I was right
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

That's early alright. Notice the ducks round here are paired up but only just ... Hope they re tough enough to survive the winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Hope they re tough enough to survive the winter...
    And the hawks Happy. Easy picking at this hungry time of year
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

That's early alright. Notice the ducks round here are paired up but only just ... Hope they re tough enough to survive the winter...
    Why so when they wander too far from home they can fall victim to yourself Happy? Just like our Maketu ones!

parakai next door to hellensville north west of auckland

how did you get on rushy I didnt see much at all

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    how did you get on rushy I didnt see much at all
    Craig I have never been a duck shooter and have never set foot inside a mai mai (in or out of season). The only time I shoot ducks is when they piss me off (like Parries squaking when I am out out on the farm) and on those occassions I just call it pest control. I wouldn't mind giving it a go some time before I get nailed in the box

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Why so when they wander too far from home they can fall victim to yourself Happy? Just like our Maketu ones!
    Aw don't be sad .... Actually it looks like you have a plastic bag over your head and are in the last throes of asphyxia (choking.. easier to spull)

At least I saved that Maketu one so he didn't end up in a Maketu Steak pie ... he he he .. They don't need legbands they should paint yours a different colour cos
    with my eyes they all look the same ... We ll have to get you over next season so you can return the gesture... Just the one though ok ?

lol i totally understand . i managed to get out on a ballot hunt in woodhill sat morning with some mates was good day saw a stag and two hinds trot thu couldnt place a good shot so i didnt want to buggar it up for mates. So i let them trott on eg disappear , was so surprised to see ducklings this early tho

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    lol i totally understand . i managed to get out on a ballot hunt in woodhill sat morning with some mates was good day saw a stag and two hinds trot thu couldnt place a good shot so i didnt want to buggar it up for mates. So i let them trott on eg disappear , was so surprised to see ducklings this early tho
    Craig you re one of the lucky ones who got in eh... Well done ... we missed out this year and have never been there. Did any in your party get an animal? Were there many about to see or was it quiet and tricky ?

make sure someone in your party gets a doe permit because u can only shoot animals with 3 or more spikes on there head, one per person no swapping permits etc . Great day out plenty of animals around. still hunting is what will get u the animal in my mind but everyone different . They do get pushed around a bit by the hunters . hope this helps

Aw don't be sad .... Actually it looks like you have a plastic bag over your head and are in the last throes of asphyxia (choking.. easier to spull)

At least I saved that Maketu one so he didn't end up in a Maketu Steak pie ... he he he .. They don't need legbands they should paint yours a different colour cos
    with my eyes they all look the same ... We ll have to get you over next season so you can return the gesture... Just the one though ok ?
    Ha ha good shit. Im not even a duck hunter mate just a shit stirrer but would love to give it a go!!