Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Nuisance Ducks - can they be shot out of season?

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    hardly but i dont tell people to do stupid things with thier guns in contravention of the game laws either

heard of gamebird licences,rules, laws even
    And: I'll bet you're a lover of steel shot ammo too?????? You're taking things FAR to seriously!! Chill out,have a lie down & a cuppa.

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    And: I'll bet you're a lover of steel shot ammo too?????? You're taking things FAR to seriously!! Chill out,have a lie down & a cuppa.
    fuck the TAB must love you do you get a special deal for most losing bets at any one time. Ok I get it ,you take the piss out of those espousing commonsense.

good advice micky also dont shoot pairs but take a bird or 2 out of every mob and dont be frightened to waste a shot or 3 scareing them after you harvest a couple out of the mob.
    your none for 2 so far tp
    but tongue in cheek or not you have to remember you might be talking to a newbie who might take your advice as gospel dumb tho that sounds.
    listen anyone who knows me knows im no angel or a wowser but in this day and age and in light of even more recent events we dont want to provide the antis with any ammo.
    LABOUR YOU DUMB ARSES AFTER ANDREW LITTLES BRILLIANT SPEECH IN SUPPORT OF WORKERS AND THIER RIGHTS YOU GET REPORTED AS KNEE JERKEDLY SUPPORTING TOUGHENING GUN LAWS?WHICH WAS WHAT WAS REPORTED BUT NOT WHAT NASH ACTUALLY SAID SO IM CONFUSED ?? [ITS ALL COS OF THE DRUG RAID GUNS WHICH I BET WERE ILLEGALLY BOUGHT OR STOLEN FROM A COLLECTOR]
    Last edited by gsp follower; 11-03-2016 at 08:16 PM.

We have had a special permit to shoot Pukeko's out of season, about half a dozen DOC guys came and had a crack as well, ended up shooting about 100 of them.
    Maca49 likes this.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    sweet if you dont mind me asking what were the conditions of the permit and did they charge you for it??
    No charge for the permit. I told Fish and Game that I had no intention to kill, but the permit has come back with the authority to do so. However, the email that came with the permit cautioned that abuse of the intent to disturb (ie actively hunting the birds) would result in a costly prosecution for the shooter and the land owner.
    As part of the disturbance management F+G offered a Zon-gun at $2 per day plus courier. This is an LPG fueled bird scarier. The land owner has chosen to give that a go as well.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  284.5 KB

so you can kill 10....as I said earlier do it in dribs n drabs so you scare heaps and kill stuff all, you cant take em for eating yourself so better to leave them for May.
    have fun and be safe

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    No charge for the permit. I told Fish and Game that I had no intention to kill, but the permit has come back with the authority to do so. However, the email that came with the permit cautioned that abuse of the intent to disturb (ie actively hunting the birds) would result in a costly prosecution for the shooter and the land owner.
    As part of the disturbance management F+G offered a Zon-gun at $2 per day plus courier. This is an LPG fueled bird scarier. The land owner has chosen to give that a go as well.

Attachment 46868
    thats been one of my gripes is the confusion and iconsistent conditions/language from region to region over these permits.
    i believe the last one i had anything to do with here cost the farmer 99 buks and that it allowed close to a hundred parries from memory.
    some of those bottom conditions sound a bit ott so your just supposed to sit somewhere and shoot at or near birds?
    you can give the meat away but not use it yourself whereas with normal season ducks you cant give them to charity??
    its written like some drakonian dukes proclamation
    i know its written to minimise abuse of the permit system but even so seems a liitle ''you vill do as you are told or else there vill be trouble''