Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By silentscope
  • 1 Post By Dundee
  • 3 Post By MassiveAttack
  • 2 Post By subs
  • 4 Post By Bonecrusher

Thread: parrie calls

parrie calls

dose anyone know where to get/download a good electric parrie call? found some good mallard and goose calls but nothing in the parrie department. i bought a blow caller last year i would've been better off with a bloody party horn.

You said it. Party horn

H&F have good electronic calls. Other wise I could blow you a tune on my didgeridoo
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    H&F have good electronic calls. Other wise I could blow you a tune on my didgeridoo
    haha might be worth a shot, the old man tried roaring them in one year
    Dundee likes this.

They are pretty dumb birds but bloody tastey all the same.
    gsp follower likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Ejected
    Not sure what caller you brought last year but parrie callers are the easiest ones to blow. The hammons is the one to buy. Keep in mind that you want a note dropping in tone or you are doing the parrie alarm call. Also parries are not that callable (compared to geese and mallards) so if they have their mind set on a spot they will just fly past you despite all the calling you can muster.
    Scouser, gsp follower and subs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Not sure what caller you brought last year but parrie callers are the easiest ones to blow. The hammodns is the one to buy. Keep in mind that you want a note dropping in tone or you are doing the parrie alarm call. Also parries are not that callable (compared to geese and mallards) so if they have their mind set on a spot they will just fly past you despite all the calling you can muster.
    aint that the truth the little bollocks,es especially after you shoot a few trying to pursuade them that this farms grass isnt as green as the nieighbours,its surprising how quickly they learn.even to the stage of just taking one out of a mob. thats what i believe the intent of dispersion permits is, give them a bit of a towel up where needed then bop a few here and there to enforce the message.the egssc does not believe permits are a licence to hammer the shit out of them as a pre season blood fest something im proud of in our unwritten but strong charter

ps i use a snowgoose call for parries. parry calls are a piece of piss and i think only laziness disability or indiference would neccesitate a electronic call for them.

+1 on the hammonds. Ive had a few different brands over the years and hammonds are the best.
    Electronic ones get on my nerve so much I threw the brothers one into the pond last year and shot it before it sunk.
    Calling them in is half the fun I reckon.
    username and gsp follower like this.

+2 on Alan Hammonds call you really don't need an electronic call for Parries or Mallards if the case be known, I reckon calling is 1/2 the fun of hunting ducks.

Hammondcalls

Paradise duck/p . Its a free recording of a couple paries , just found it today sounds ok. Have put it on the mp3 over a car speaker