Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Advice on Importing a Boat..

Banned
    From what he was telling me it was to do with the trailer specs not being legal in regaurds to the draw bar and coupling ratings,but that was for a trailer from the states Sth Africa could be more similar to us I couldn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    is it coming in with its own Trailer? my Boss got one in from Florida and the only issue he had was the trailer with NZTA boat wise he would do it again but get a trailer here he reckons.
    What was the issue?
    Your grandma can/could build and weld her own trailer to her own design and get it warranted.
    mucko and Spudattack like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    From what he was telling me it was to do with the trailer specs not being legal in regaurds to the draw bar and coupling ratings,but that was for a trailer from the states Sth Africa could be more similar to us I couldn't say.
    Ah cheers, good to know, will have to have a look when its here, my brother-in-law builds trailers so we should be able to sort it!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What was the issue?
    Your grandma can/could build and weld her own trailer to her own design and get it warranted.
    Wrong rating. He sorted it but was am extra cost he didn't expect I stopped listining to his winging when he told me he got a deal for 100knz:eek:

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2
    veitnamcam, Munsey and Spudattack like this.

I'm dealing with a guy with a freighting business at present. He arranges importing fifth wheelers from the states and has just brought a large boat for himself. Can get you details if you want. PM me your email, no harm in chatting to him?
    Barefoot and Munsey like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Don't do it. from one boat owner to another, dig a hole and burn your money in it you will at least get the heat off it!!!!!

On a far more serious note actually looks like a good boat and price is pretty good two. But have two outboards to service, not sure about that................................ one is enough for me
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    You'll pay GST on the value of the consignment including shipping costs as well as any duty on items attracting it and a fee for MAF handling and a Customs clearance fee. Possibly others. Probably still worth importing.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Cheers guys, looks like it is still the go, nothing that can't be overcome fairly easily! Cheers!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

We import from SA occasionally and work on the exchange rate of 5.5Rand per dollar = $13,090
    Prepare to lose your money if the motors or hull is fukd

Rand is sitting at almost R9 to the dollar and climbing! Fortunately my father who is a mechanical engineer will inspect for me prior to purchase.

What do you guys import from there?
    sako75 likes this.