Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Another beuty day out

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    A deep East / West cut behind the head will do it Chris
    I tried that on a Sand shark Sunday night ,it made it thrash round worse & was still an hour later when I trying to get into my pikau to go home.Went threw back bone too .

Guys I work with eat those Hunter but they're hard on gear .
    Gun control means using both hands

I just prefer to release them. i agree they are hard on gear I have had eyes on the rods popped reels smashed by them. But the fin nor and the penn 850SSm stood upto the job nicely. Ironically it never did the usual stingray type things like hugging the ground it was runs like a big snapper, kingfish or a shark would do.

Last edited by hunter308; 18-09-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    veitnamcam and Chris like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    I just prefer to release them. i agree they are hard on gear I have had eyes on the rods popped reels smashed by them. But the fin nor and the reel stood upto the job nicely.

I was just getting interested then cut short
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

yeah I had to send joyce on a mission to get my bait knife so I could cut the trace atleast my line joiner knot on the shock leader and crimps held up as I was using 24kg breaking strain flouro carbon and is a prick to tie knots with. The funny thing was she was sitting on the beach day dreaming and I was yelling grab the camera wasn't till I was in the last few minutes of the fight that she noticed I was reeling something in and that there was a good bend in the rod. Hopefully we will be able to get better at doing film footages it is the first video we have done with our digital camera that we bought about three or four years ago.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Gets the blood pumping when you hooked into something thats got a bit of pull,never 100% sure what it is.
    Good scrap though Hunter, better than a day at work .

What is the make n model of camera ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Gets the blood pumping when you hooked into something thats got a bit of pull,never 100% sure what it is.
    Good scrap though Hunter, better than a day at work .

What is the make n model of camera ?
    It is a sanyo 14.0 megapixel digital camera (modelvpc-e1403) bought it a few years ago from the warehouse when they had a huge discount on them got it for $100 which was reduced down from $300 has been a bloody good camera. When I can afford it I would like to get a proper video camera or get one of those small ones you can wear on your head as it would have been better than having the person filming stop just to go get a knife lol. But for now that little camera does a good job with picture and video quality hopefully next time it wont be an eagleray.

Photo for Hunter308- Target species .

When you coming over to get a feed of these for your missus ?
    R93 likes this.

hoping to get over in the next week or two if this weather decides to play ball. I want to try and get my boy out for a fish when he comes up on the 30th for the school holidays and would love to get him casting out at whiritoa seeing it is deeper water and he does not have to cast so far as he has only ever casted a trout rod and is not used to the bigger rods also I am in the process of planning a trip to mokau and also a moki mission at a place I was put onto for getting a few moki. Also I have been reviewing the pulley rig I have been using and changed it to a clip up running type pulley rig similar to how yours is set up. If you want some good trace clips the genie clips I got from a guy called blue18122 from trademe seem to hold up well not even that ray could straighten it out.

I take it you were at your hotspot in bowentown again obviously werent caught last night with all that rain and thunder that was around. Has that sea lettuce buggered off from there yet or is a case of give up on waihi and stick with whiritoa.
    Last edited by hunter308; 22-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Was early Saturday morning ,came home when saw the rain coming along the beach from the north end.Was pissing down in town when I got home. The lightening show driving home was some thing else too. Lettuce is still there Hunter but there are ways around it .

I could imagine what it was like the thunder and lightning was putting on a good show over here last night and early this morning.

apparently it was here last night too , have no idea.Few beers are good like that .
    Dundee likes this.