Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree5456Likes

Thread: Catch Any Trout Today?

Got another package on the way to NZ for me from the USA.I might need another tackle box.These Joe Flies catch the trout.Name:  45242483_278848046093820_7331113917021683712_n.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  127.2 KB
    Sideshow likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Name:  20181112_140734.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  4.44 MB

One of 2 snaffled on a size 14 Hills Nato Nymphomaniac.

And to top it off Manic is no longer making my favourite nymph of all time!

Banned
    Decided it was time to start fishing for the season on Saturday. Second cast connected to this chap of 4 1/2 lbs. Deceived by the Brown Beetle.
    He fought - gallantly to the very last, like a true champion and met his end with honour and bravery and will be remembered for generations by his descendants !!Name:  IMG_2106.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  1.73 MB
    kukuwai likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Decided it was time to start fishing for the season on Saturday. Second cast connected to this chap of 4 1/2 lbs. Deceived by the Brown Beetle.
    He fought - gallantly to the very last, like a true champion and met his end with honour and bravery and will be remembered for generations by his descendants !!Attachment 99079
    Good condition fish. Looks a bit like a sea runner

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post
    Good condition fish. Looks a bit like a sea runner

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yes correct, although dressed in the darker battle uniform of the river dwelling Fario, he was caught about 2kms above the tidal zone in a stream where sea trout follow the whitebait inland. Pink fleshed too, he both died and ate well
    kukuwai likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Took the new Scott Radian out for a flick yesterday before the weather turned. This rod certainly was easier to fish in the wind.
    I caught a couple fish. Both quite opposite.
    First was an old jack. He was a decent sized fish and would have been a real good fish in his prime but he had lost a lot of condition and was skinny.

Second fish was a fit maiden hen.

Liking the new rod. Keen to get out some more and give it a good thrashing.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Banned
    That is a cracking hen kiwijames. How does the Radian compare to a Sage One ?? I am using a 6# Z axis and a 5# One. The 'One' is light like a wisp of grass and has power that is unexpected.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    That is a cracking hen kiwijames. How does the Radian compare to a Sage One ?? I am using a 6# Z axis and a 5# One. The 'One' is light like a wisp of grass and has power that is unexpected.
    Thanks, it was a good fish. I think the younger fish didn't get the hiding like the older ones did this winter.
    Still waiting for my One to turn up. I really was after a new 5# but I had a "horse come in" so I bought the Radian while I could.
    I bought a complete setup Sage One as a 8'6" 5# with a 4250 reel and line off Trademe. Quite looking forward to trying it but I do think I may have a little bit of an overlap between the two.
    I will line the One with a presentation type line for smaller water but I'm unsure if it will make it a more delicate rod. The 6# will be a bigger water/windy day rod (Spring fishing).
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Banned
    The One is quite fast compared to the Z. BUT surprise it is able to present a very delicate short cast if the cast is followed down with the rod and enough shoot is used. All things to all people those One's!!

Got a trout foul hooked last week on the Joe Flie and it broke my line.Down in the same area yesterday and Bo saw it with the lure still attached.Name:  picture 01 2108.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  163.1 KBName:  picture 01 2106.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  164.0 KBName:  picture 01 2107.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  163.5 KB
    Random to see the same trout again wearing its jewellery glissining in the sun.
    Went back to the the same area of the river and cast another Joe Flie today and landed this brown trout on first cast.
    Name:  picture 01 2116.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  162.8 KBName:  picture 01 2114.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  165.1 KB
    Continued on and landed a rainbow with the "joe flie"
    Name:  picture 01 2118.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  164.3 KB
    Had heavy rain for three hours so unlikely to be able to cross in the morning and the chances of catching that same trout would be like winning the lotto!
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Banned
    Nice to see the trout in your area fattening up Dundee, they both look good. Just a question, is it the light playing tricks or has all that tomato sauce started to turn your ears red ???
    Dundee likes this.

Banned
    Two more 10lb in total.Name:  IMG_2111.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  1.71 MB
    Dundee, kiwijames and Mathias like this.

Two trout yesterday from Awakino trib stream , and two from the waiongana, stunning fine day, I wished I dragged the boat up to Mokau, and gone chasing snapper when I stopped for a coffee and a pie on the way to Awakino.
    two 3 lb brown and a 2lb rainbow, and couple smaller fish, so good day exploring sum new water.
    was a bit lucky to land the last 3lb brown as ended up getting wrapped around a piece of wire in the river, luckily he was pretty played out, after ten minutes of bolding hopping up threw the bolder garden in the photo. Name:  IMG_0706.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  2.11 MBName:  IMG_0709.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  3.33 MBName:  IMG_0718.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  3.07 MBName:  IMG_0721.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  1.58 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dundee, Moa Hunter and Mathias like this.

Banned
    Caught and released another 2 1/2 pounder yesterday at 5:30am and today caught two, one of which was a spawned Rainbow jack in a stream in which I have never caught a rainbow in before in more than thirty years of fishing it. Home by 6:30 am

Bo searching for trout.
    Name:  picture 01 2136.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  164.0 KB
    Landed one on the "Tassie Devil"
    Name:  picture 01 2133.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  165.2 KBName:  picture 01 2131.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  164.9 KB
    CFD