Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree5460Likes

Thread: Catch Any Trout Today?

Mate and I headed up for another night fish.
    The lake treated us to a stunning sunset

Attachment 220310

And equally impressive moonrise

Attachment 220311

As expected with the big bright moon the fishing was pretty slow but we were getting just enough action to keep us interested.
    Between us we hooked 9 and of the 4 landed, 3 were slabby jacks around the 3-4lb mark but I did manage to get 1 nice 3.5lb jack that was kept

Name:  received_770237347695156.jpeg
Views: 211
Size:  172.9 KB
    Dundee, Shearer, viper and 1 others like this.

Crazy boys!!! I’m fishin the same full moon as y’all but on the other side of the planet…not trout though
    Dundee and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmo View Post
    Crazy boys!!! I’m fishin the same full moon as y’all but on the other side of the planet…not trout though
    Photos please Joe.
    Dundee likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Went out for a fish at a location that has a combination code padlock. I knew the code so got in and padlocked gate behind me.
    Name:  DSC06352.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  164.7 KB
    Had a few hits but nothing landed,getting a bit dark so headed out and couldn't see the combination on the padlock.
    Had my headlamp but the numbers were just a blur with the reflection from my light. Took me 30 minutes to suss it.Best I chuck reading glasses in the glove box.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Went out for a fish at a location that has a combination code padlock. I knew the code so got in and padlocked gate behind me.
    Attachment 220494
    Had a few hits but nothing landed,getting a bit dark so headed out and couldn't see the combination on the padlock.
    Had my headlamp but the numbers were just a blur with the reflection from my light. Took me 30 minutes to suss it.Best I chuck reading glasses in the glove box.
    Name:  cables.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  64.9 KB

Cut the blue wire to defuse, not the black... Movie the abyss Haha
    Dundee, Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Attachment 220494
    Attachment 220551

Cut the blue wire to defuse, not the black... Movie the abyss Haha

@Dundee dont feel too bad mate...I even put eye crutches on now to thread worm onto hook,and tie nylon...its just getting too hard otherwise
    Dundee likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Attachment 220494
    Feel ya pair @Dundee I cant tie a fly on or do much else now without needing glasses.
    Dundee likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    My local river, the Tutaikuri has not been clear since around October 2022. That's over 6 months looking like chocolate milk so I tried some new water today in CHB.
    After the floods and summer of non-stop rain the rivers and trout have not had a good time.
    This stream was nice as one thing a flood will do is clean the place up if there's not too much.

The fish were in poor condition as is to be expected. Most look like they are freshly spawned when at this time of year they should be getting fat. I saw one old jack that was missing nearly most of his tail. I'm surprised the guy could still swim. He was tucked into the side of the river as I think the main flow would be too much for him. I was going to fish for him but it didn't look right. On closer inspection, there was just a white nub where his tail once was. Hope he makes it through winter.
    Of the 3 fish I did catch one came out looking pretty good with the phone camera.
    Name:  IMG_2071 2.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  571.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2070 2.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  531.7 KB
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Nice photo and steady hands

MB
    Catch Any Trout Today?

Yes, I did, thanks for asking. A monster from Lake Rotoiti. 10 hours fishing for one bite, but it was worth it!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Nice trout.
    MB likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Name:  20230415_081202.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  3.79 MB
    Another one out of Lake Dunstan this morning. Rainbow in awesome condition, very solid.
    Released.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Attachment 221234
    Another one out of Lake Dunstan this morning. Rainbow in awesome condition, very solid.
    Released.
    Very nice fish.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Caught this fat little bow and released it...red veltic had a few hits today..
    Name:  DSC06394.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  164.3 KB
    Should of kept the bugger cause got none after work...
    But found a no 1 mepps on the bank.
    Name:  DSC06395.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  163.4 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive