Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree5459Likes

Thread: Catch Any Trout Today?

Petros i batter the trout or crumb it and it's so nice don't have to buy fishn chips.

Mrs DD mine are usually well battered by the time I gut,skin and bone em
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Is shooting an eel against the law?
    Toby 12 gauge but don't put the end of the barrel in the water, well not while I'm watching, just close to! BOOM and they float belly up, just need a good gaff to haul them in.
    Toby likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by mrs dundee View Post
    Petros i batter the trout or crumb it and it's so nice don't have to buy fishn chips.
    I'll give it a try.
    So far with the trout, I either fry them, bbq it or smoked... really can't go wrong with a trout....

The greeny fish on the photo (tench) I haven't tried it before so not sure how to go about it...
    I think with any fish I try for the first time it goes on the frying pan... best way to try its natural taste....

Been catching fair bit of eels too... I've been throwing them back in the water... Any recipes for those?
    Last edited by Petros_mk; 05-03-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Secret with eels is learning to bone them, my old man use to remove the skin with pliers and then have a way of completely removing the bone skeleton, up there with the best fish I've ever eaten really nice and the same smoked
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Some guy was telling how he gets the bones out with a empty beer bottel. Not sure if it would work but it seems sound
    VIVA LA HOWA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs dundee View Post
    Not a bad option when the fish and chups in this town is fuckin shithouse!.On a side note I seen a pallet of Train smash out the back of New world yeaterday with the same last name on I as you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Not a bad option when the fish and chups in this town is fuckin shithouse!.On a side note I seen a pallet of Train smash out the back of New world yeaterday with the same last name on I as you guys
    Ya better pm Neckshot, unsure witch train I derailed this time but passed mr plod last night with rod an rifle and he never moved,maybe he was eating dougnuts "There is shit going down and its called stationary"
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Ya better pm Neckshot, unsure witch train I derailed this time but passed mr plod last night with rod an rifle and he never moved,maybe he was eating dougnuts "There is shit going down and its called stationary"
    You noticed that aswell,def something up around town at the moment.(train smash=tamatoe sauce)

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    No need I translated your code!!!
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Secret with eels is learning to bone them, my old man use to remove the skin with pliers and then have a way of completely removing the bone skeleton, up there with the best fish I've ever eaten really nice and the same smoked
    Eel is bloody good fried
    CFD

Landed a brown trout tonight.
    Name:  picture 3327.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  165.0 KB
    Had a few hits on this lure but never had a swivel failure.

Got the trout on the bank and lure was still attached to trout,nylon came to the reel fast as nothing was attached!

Usually if there is a failure with gear it is the knot.

Name:  picture 3328.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  163.3 KB

Not this time the swivel came apart,but one landed two hits.

Name:  picture 3329.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  162.1 KB
    CFD

Looks like it pulled it too, didnt break. Weird alright

The boss went up north on a kingi charter and the guy checked over his gear said that's shit and that's no good put this on and you will be sorted.
    He asked what was wrong with what he had and the big Moari fella grabbed his swivel between finger and thumb on each hand and just pulled it apart!
    He was gob smacked, tried it himself on some of his other gear and couldn't get it to even look like breaking.
    Gibo likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    The boss went up north on a kingi charter and the guy checked over his gear said that's shit and that's no good put this on and you will be sorted.
    He asked what was wrong with what he had and the big Moari fella grabbed his swivel between finger and thumb on each hand and just pulled it apart!
    He was gob smacked, tried it himself on some of his other gear and couldn't get it to even look like breaking.
    Wonder if his name was Jake?