Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Couple of sessions surf casting this weekend

Seems a bit strange Gizzy ,but I be more inclined to point finger at light levels than marine conditions.All my fishing is at night & not get bugger all until properly dark.While still light nothing happening both evening & mornings .I still prefer 2 hours each side of H/T but slack of low is working great too.Need good lights etc when stumbling round in the dark.

yep night fishing is by far the best whereeva you are fishn. i only ever fish at evening night time, unless im specifly targeting k.y for the smoker. i like to make my time on the beach as productive as i possibly can fish two rods hardout with 10 minute bait changes normal practice, usually stay busy between fish by tying baits up, waiting for the hotbite time. and if a particular spot isnt fishng well i will not hesitate to rod hop down the beach moving rod over rod at about 50 meter intervals till i find a productive gutter hole or channel.

over here in gisborne the marine conditions such as sou easterly winds and low water temps are most definatly the root of the problem the fish just arent here yet! in any sort of decent numbers and not from lack of trying or experiance most of the more experinced guys i know in my area are struggling locally too!

might have to head back over to B.O.P for a poach one of these nights specificly matata,thornton, opotiki, snells, torere, hawaii,maraenui,omio of wich all would have to be my fav spots over b.o.p

The bottom pick where caught on slack of low tide Friday ,most of these fish where caught same tide or hour each side.
    Just wish I'd landed that bugga that busted my sand spike .I run 2 rods as well ,makes life interesting when you get a double hook up.

yea two rods can get a mans sweat running alright, esp when ya gotta choose which rods got the better fish on aye man haha

Then it turns out you made the wrong choice , the other rods laying on the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Then it turns out you made the wrong choice , the other rods laying on the sand.
    blasphamy.. kilwell slx's never touch the sand! at $600 a peice

My 16' Power sticks do regularly .

this was caught off 90 mile beach, 12.03kg

will more than likely take out the snapper bonanza 1st prize

That's an awesome fish ,bet it gave ya a good scrap too .

not me who got that fish, but was caught surfcasting

big fish big money

This mornings result ,worth being there when fish like these are coming on to the beach
    2.5 lb - 5.25 lbs and 3 snaps & 2 kahawai yesterday morning ,haven't had a bad weekend really.

4 Snapper this morning ,home by 5.30am ,nice panies 3-4 lbs

Nice one ChrisSo did you get any venison as well?Bloody river here still dirty might have a look tonight

Was loading up a chilly bag of fillets for my Niece & Partner to take back to Auck;s this arvo & found a nice piece of venison hiding in the freezer.The idea of dripping wet bush ,slippery tracks & flooded rivers didn't turn me on much ,hopefully next weekend .
    Dundee likes this.