Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Eels

Forum consensus - Eels are awesome.

Never forget catching one on a scout trip early in the morning, took it into the tent to show everyone my awesome catch. The poor eel got loose and went ballistic on the tent floor. Scouts were trying to get under the tent or over the eel to get away from the large squirming pissed off eel. Hilarious and it somehow made it back to the river about 10 m away, they seem to have a sixth sense as to where their home is.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Forum consensus - Eels are awesome.

Never forget catching one on a scout trip early in the morning, took it into the tent to show everyone my awesome catch. The poor eel got loose and went ballistic on the tent floor. Scouts were trying to get under the tent or over the eel to get away from the large squirming pissed off eel. Hilarious and it somehow made it back to the river about 10 m away, they seem to have a sixth sense as to where their home is.
    Did ya get a hiding for that one?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Did ya get a hiding for that one?
    Haha Nah everyone was too terrified of getting bitten and preoccupied with escape. I quickly went back to fishing.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I am not 100% on this mate but I was told most of the eels were taken from the ponds outside the factory.
    When I worked there they only took eels of a certain size depending on order.
    So big ones generally got released into the ponds. We used to eat our lunch and feed the buggers tid bits of the jetty.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    yeah thats what iwas told too-anyeels oversize were dropped in those ponds.remember he used to smoke bootlaces over manuka,and on a friday night do the rounds of the pubs .we'd be in the southland drinkin pints -i still drool strippin one of those tasty wee buggers like a corn cob all washed down with teens finest ales!!

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    yeah thats what iwas told too-anyeels oversize were dropped in those ponds.remember he used to smoke bootlaces over manuka,and on a friday night do the rounds of the pubs .we'd be in the southland drinkin pints -i still drool strippin one of those tasty wee buggers like a corn cob all washed down with teens finest ales!!
    I had a beer with Paul the other day at my folks 50th wedding anniversary.
    He hasn't changed a bit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

bloody nice to hear

Got an eel living in a creek which I have been feeding my trout frames too. Took it down some duck meat tonight.Have no intention of killing it but great to have an eel handy to feed most nights. Name:  picture 01 3436.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  161.7 KBName:  picture 01 3437.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  164.7 KBName:  picture 01 3438.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  164.6 KBName:  picture 01 3439.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  164.5 KBName:  picture 01 3440.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  158.7 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

koura also love duck guts... its good to see eels around the place...they were here first and will probably still be here when we are gone if we dont stuff up all thier waterways first.
    Dundee and Beaker like this.

Great to feed them scraps, the size of those ones at the Mt Bruce sanctuary impressed me..
    Dundee likes this.

Heres a hard case story I heard.
    '' A team of mates away on a roar trip.
    A couple of the boys caught a few eels and deposited them in one of the guys sleeping bag.
    Quite a few beers etc were had that night and when the victim went to bed, much to his mates delight who had chosen to stay awake and listen to the proceedings.
    Climbing into his sleeping bag, when a blood curdling scream erupted.
    Exit stage left in one hell of a hurry one very pissed and pissed off guy to eject said eels onto the ground outside. The boys all denied any knowledge of course.
    He had to turn his sleeping bag inside out to sleep in as the slime from the eels had covered most of the inside. And it was his missus sleeping bag to.

A sequal to the story happened a few months later when the main protagonist left his check book with in reach of the eel victim who wrote in a blank space in the check butt.
    The protagonist handed all his check butts into his accountant who rung him up and asked what the $2000 cheque was and why was it made out to a bogus doctor for services to remove eel from anus.
    veitnamcam, Dundee, Beaker and 2 others like this.

This one is a different one living under the foot bridge on way to the duck pond.
    Name:  picture 01 3442.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  158.4 KBName:  picture 01 3443.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  163.8 KBName:  picture 01 3444.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  135.6 KBName:  picture 01 3445.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  159.2 KB
    Micky Duck and Blisters like this.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

The foot bridge eel is still there but haven't seen the close one by the house for a week.
    Name:  picture 01 3523.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  164.4 KBName:  picture 01 3525.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  163.2 KB
    CFD

Heres some for ya dundee

Nelson lakes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!