Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Evans Bay?

  1. #1
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,655

    Evans Bay?

    Just moved to Evans Bay (wellington), anyone know if you can catch anything out here? See people practically outside my door (live across the road from the water) fishing on the weekends but i've never seen anyone catch anything.
    Thoughts? Don't want to walk out there and look like a damn fool

    Cheers.

    Angus

  2. #2
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    28,107
    Give it a go Angus. Nothing to lose but a bit of time.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  3. #3
    ebf
    ebf is offline
    The gnome returns ! ebf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hutt Valley
    Posts
    5,142
    Know of more people catching at oriental bay.

    Hutt river mouth in seaview is good for kahawai.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

  4. #4
    A Good Keen Girl Dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    4,573
    Just pack a rain coat!
    Maca49 likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

  5. #5
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,655
    Heh yeah, what the heck is up with this rain??! Will give it a go when it clears up and report my findings

  6. #6
    A Good Keen Girl Dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Heh yeah, what the heck is up with this rain??! Will give it a go when it clears up and report my findings
    Good on ya mate, did you feel the earthquake where you are?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    16,932
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Know of more people catching at oriental bay.

    Hutt river mouth in seaview is good for kahawai.
    That's my sacred Maori land mouth of the Hutt river ati awai

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dannevirke, southern Ruahines
    Posts
    5,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Just moved to Evans Bay (wellington), anyone know if you can catch anything out here? See people practically outside my door (live across the road from the water) fishing on the weekends but i've never seen anyone catch anything.
    Thoughts? Don't want to walk out there and look like a damn fool

    Cheers.

    Angus
    my advice for evens bay Angus is to either get a kyak and fish the head rocks or pick your tides and fish using a ballon to keep our bait out of the snags mate.early morning fish the gutters on low tide north of the surf club for kahawai.Or wind permitting mate cruze over to mirimar wharf or further around by the old naval base and again fish using a ballon grab your bait straight from the rocks(pipies mussels).Ive fished these areas for yonks mate you do have to wrok abit at it just getting to know the areas to fish and how to fish them once to sort that youll get plenty for the table all year round.and berly up especially from the rocks.

  9. #9
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Good on ya mate, did you feel the earthquake where you are?
    I think i slept through it. Woke up at 6 this evening. Unemployment is a cruel bastard -__-

  10. #10
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    my advice for evens bay Angus is to either get a kyak and fish the head rocks or pick your tides and fish using a ballon to keep our bait out of the snags mate.early morning fish the gutters on low tide north of the surf club for kahawai.Or wind permitting mate cruze over to mirimar wharf or further around by the old naval base and again fish using a ballon grab your bait straight from the rocks(pipies mussels).Ive fished these areas for yonks mate you do have to wrok abit at it just getting to know the areas to fish and how to fish them once to sort that youll get plenty for the table all year round.and berly up especially from the rocks.
    Cheers bro, my equipment is minimal at this point but i reckon i can get by I'll give it a go.

  11. #11
    A Good Keen Girl Dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    I think i slept through it. Woke up at 6 this evening. Unemployment is a cruel bastard -__-
    Sheet mate, what happened to your chef job? I'm not working much atm (taking a break before I start pushing people down stairs ha ha) so hit me up if you want to come over and cook me dinner.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dannevirke, southern Ruahines
    Posts
    5,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Cheers bro, my equipment is minimal at this point but i reckon i can get by I'll give it a go.
    next time im down ill take ya for a flick i visit my old girl in strathmore thats when i get out for a fish bro.these days im usually watching my boys fish which is exciting in its self.last time i was down my 5 year old( dougie was sweet talked by this 5 year old) managed to snag a stingry which pulled ilke a bastard and he was fighting it like a champ ,that was just on seaton wharf mate.
    Dougie likes this.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    mighty temuka
    Posts
    7
    pm sent . can be a bit slow but you can catch allsorts in evans. but if you can go round the south or east coast, much more bettera fushing . try mussel baits
    dyslexics of the world untie

  14. #14
    A Good Keen Girl Dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    4,573
    Seriously, this kid is five and could sweet talk the pants off Nigella

    "Dougie, would you like to maybe stay for dinner?"
    "Yeah okay, if it's okay."
    "Dad!! She said yes!!!! ...Dougie...do you think maybe you'd like to stay the night for a sleep-over?"
    "Yeah sure! If it's okay with you."
    "DAD!!!!!!! Dougie is going to stay. You'll have to go home and get your PJs first though."

    cutest kid man...
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

  15. #15
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Sheet mate, what happened to your chef job? I'm not working much atm (taking a break before I start pushing people down stairs ha ha) so hit me up if you want to come over and cook me dinner.
    I was away for months due to hospital treatment so I had to leave.
    Anytime, i LOOOOOOVE cooking for other people!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. RIP Mum (Sandy Evans)
    By Splash in forum Off topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!