Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Fishing, dont you just hate people invading your space?

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    @Steve123 yeah.I mean it wasnt like they just fished by me. It was like 3m from me, shoulder to shoulder while the whole beach was free.
    They when they all moved in , they bascily forced me to move
    as i had guys set up straight in front of me right where i was sitting bascily casting and the sinker and hooks a reasonable chance they hit me in the head while they were doing it tangling up my line on the cast

It was clear looking back on it they just wanted to take over that spot and forced me to move. (slight cove to right that was quite shallow so had to move 80 yards)
    No way i wasnt going to get my bait not tangled with there lines....so it was either have some words or leave.
    So i moved and kept the peace and said nothing but i was there first and its just rude. Doesnt matter who they were but shouldnt be doing that..

Then they go about keeping every undersize fish...mate and i couldnt be bother getting into any arguements as we just here to have a fish so didnt go over and say they too small and need to go back

But my mate after about the 7th fish rang Maf or whoever and they said they sent someone down but didnt see that happen.
    We were there about a hour after the phone call before we left.
    Point is people should have some respect for others, and considering everything i really didnt say anything apart from the first 2 and it was clear we all end up in a big tangle mess with our lines
    if they fished where they were going to.
    Put it this way, if i had 2 rods my second one wouldnt be as close to my first one what they were doing.
    So it became clear now that they for what ever reason they were forcing me to move as for whatever reason they thougfht that was the spot.
    It was quite ridulous, just a pity about the under size fish.....they know the rules but i suppose its early AM in the morning and think whose going to dob them in.

I be ringing Maf myself next time if i see them doing this again.
    Take your dog with you.
    Was it Tahunanui beach?
    Nelson must have changed since the early nineties, was pretty much a monoculture back then.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Very few Chinese are actually "kung fu" people and those that are are, are very seldom masters of the silly carry on you see on tv.
    All good til someone shows you tai chi moves sped up.

Its a culture thing I'm afraid.....and its not just Asians ,Europeans do it too...you can have camp set up somewhere and they will turn up and set up a tent dam near touching yours when they could be 20m away.
    People from high population density places just dont have the same personal space that your average Kiwi does, hence why flues spread like wildfire.
    rugerman, stingray, mikee and 8 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

@deer243 if it happens again. Back up then go back and take photos of the lot! Dont forget there number plates!
    Then send it on to MAF!
    Yep just rude. Have had it a few times while out on the boat. Some twat comes and drops anchor right next to you. Or even worse goes roaring on past with a wave
    257weatherby likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Someone told me a story of some ignorant shits wharf fishing... bucket full of undersize fish.
    A rod went swimming and the bucket got booted off the wharf, the 'shits' got told " you ruin your homeland, dont come here and do the same to ours"

I have heard a similar story regarding littering pricks.
    Not saying kiwis are all perfect, but some 'fresh off the boat' migrants do treat our country like their thrashed out homeland.
    If the politicians want to impress me for a change, they need to put the fear of god into anyone thinking of disrespecting our homeland.
    Any new arrivals in NZ should be given short, sharp warning in their native tongue that they will be deported immediately with no appeal if proven to be a dirty bastard.
    As for kiwis doing the same, mandatory one week inside for even the smallest littering offence.
    Use enough gun

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    All good til someone shows you tai chi moves sped up.

Some people play heavy metal backward to hear the satanic messages too.......
    40mm and outlander like this.

Ned
    Taupo rivers are a classic for this sort of behaviour. You don't even need to have touched a fish, but if you're in a pool and there's empty water above and below, then 9 times out of 10 somebody coming along will start fishing right in behind you. Can never figure out if it's a social thing, or lack of confidence in finding their own spot. Fair enough if there's people fishing all along the river, but when it's quiet then why not go and enjoy your own bit of water for a bit? I don't get out there much these days. So last time this happened I actually stood my ground and things were getting a bit heated. I had literally 1 hour of fishing time to myself. Got lucky and found a spot with a few fish at the head of a pool, then a couple of guys turn up and one of them is literally casting over my line with his spey rod. After 5 minutes he asks if I'm going to move and let him have a go at the head of the pool. There was empty water every where. And when they'd turned up and I asked them how his fishing was going had told me how great a day they'd had the day before. Nah sorry mate, I've only got about 45min before I have to go, I'm just going to keep fishing here for a bit. Proceeds to instruct me on river fishing etiquette. I told him if the roles were reversed we wouldn't be having this conversation because if I'd turned up and seen him and his mate set up fishing a pool, I'd just keep walking down or up the track to another pool.

Think it’s a Bob Jones thing
    jakewire and Danny like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Think it’s a Bob Jones thing
    Yeah, he didn't seem to be keen on folk dropping in while he was fishing.
    Danny likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Bos
    Same thing used to happen at the Rakaia river mouth years ago - probably still does today.
    Family had a batch there so every weekend during the season we'd be there and I'm talking back when the limit bag for salmon was 6. It wasn't uncommon to actually catch 6 in a day when they were running.
    Also wasn't uncommon to hook a fish and make your way round into the surf, or upstream out of the way of everyone else if thats where the fish wanted to go, and either land said fish or lose it. Then return to your original spot in the line only to find someone else had decided that it was now there spot.
    My old man was a pretty aggressive sort, and pretty protective of his boy. Needless to say those intruders left as quick as they'd arrived, before they went for a swim.
    He seemed to be able to convey his message using only short words
    wsm junkie, 257weatherby and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Someone told me a story of some ignorant shits wharf fishing... bucket full of undersize fish.
    A rod went swimming and the bucket got booted off the wharf, the 'shits' got told " you ruin your homeland, dont come here and do the same to ours"

I have heard a similar story regarding littering pricks.
    Not saying kiwis are all perfect, but some 'fresh off the boat' migrants do treat our country like their thrashed out homeland.
    If the politicians want to impress me for a change, they need to put the fear of god into anyone thinking of disrespecting our homeland.
    Any new arrivals in NZ should be given short, sharp warning in their native tongue that they will be deported immediately with no appeal if proven to be a dirty bastard.
    As for kiwis doing the same, mandatory one week inside for even the smallest littering offence.
    Agreed@40mm.As a regular motorist doing the Nth Canty to Sth Westland haul i.e. the loopy tourist route a blind man couldn't help but see the huge reduction in road side litter from our foreign visitors who treat S.H.7 & 6 as a 500km long mobile rubbish dump.And of course not to mention the lack road accidents from their crazy driving as well.Covid = no tourist = Godzone for the better
    40mm likes this.

went to the Mt Maunganui yesterday, dont go often and I had driven towards Papamoa until there were plenty of parking. Parked up and took the pup for a walk, good training session. Walked for around 3-1/2 hours plenty of space. Down that way is a surf lifesavers pad and they had swimming flags out. plenty of folks in that area. 20 metres past the flags was a sign for a rip and 2 Asians fishing. Ks and ks of beach available and the pricks are fishing just out of the swimming flags where kids are playing in the surf