Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree14707Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Well I spent all my xmas and new year fishing and drinking money on a rifle but today was too good not to do something fishy so I took the boy for a snorkle on the edge of the reserve.
    Just for safteys sake I took a weight off of my belt and cos sometimes the boy needs to crawl up on top of me like some kind of parasite when he sucks in some water.
    Vis pretty bloody good and piss all swell it was perfect for muppets like us.
    covered some interesting ground and seen.
    Quite a few Kina
    Heaps of spottys.
    One blue cod.
    Quite a few undersize Paua which is encouraging for the future.
    Bits of boat wreckage.
    One big moki shaped fish with virticle stripes on it? do moki have stripes in the water? it was quite tame and I managed to dive down and poke it with my hand.
    Good to test out the new wetsuit....certainly is warm I was bloody cooking and was streatching out the hood and sleaves while swimming along to let water in to cool off....probably shoulda just worn the bib overalls bit.
    Im not much of a diver but after a few dives I got my ears sorted and managed a couple of dives to maybe 5m? but with zero bottom time and shot back up like a cork with less weight and a more buoyant suit!
    Heading back there was a bit of current around the point of a rock and I had to give the boy a bit of a tow to get him round then once safe we saw the name on a piece of hull clearly sitting on the bottom "Money Pit" and I thought to myself yea that sounds about right.
    While I was cooking inside my suit the wee fella was starting to shiver when we got out so he was all good once changed but by the time I got changed and carried the dive bag all the way back to the wagon in the punishing sun I was sweating like a rapist and about to pass out so thought it prudent to call into the rookery on the way back and have a beer with @Pengy to rehydrate
    Very good but what rifle did ya buy?? Had my first swim of the year at Delaware today, bloody good there when there are FA people about
    stingray likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Very good but what rifle did ya buy?? Had my first swim of the year at Delaware today, bloody good there when there are FA people about
    A howa 223mini for the boys first goat/deer rifle.
    gadgetman, Munsey and stingray like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Dragging that net will count as a swim also

A howa 223mini for the boys first goat/deer rifle.
    nice
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Well I spent all my xmas and new year fishing and drinking money on a rifle but today was too good not to do something fishy so I took the boy for a snorkle on the edge of the reserve.
    Just for safteys sake I took a weight off of my belt and cos sometimes the boy needs to crawl up on top of me like some kind of parasite when he sucks in some water.
    Quite a few Kina
    Heaps of spottys.
    One blue cod.
    Bits of boat wreckage.
    One big moki shaped fish with virticle stripes on it? do moki have stripes in the water? it was quite tame and I managed to dive down and poke it with my hand.
    Good to test out the new wetsuit....certainly is warm I was bloody cooking and was streatching out the hood and sleaves while swimming along to let water in to cool off....probably shoulda just worn the bib overalls bit.
    Im not much of a diver but after a few dives I got my ears sorted and managed a couple of dives to maybe 5m? but with zero bottom time and shot back up like a cork with less weight and a more buoyant suit!
    Heading back there was a bit of current around the point of a rock and I had to give the boy a bit of a tow to get him round then once safe we saw the name on a piece of hull clearly sitting on the bottom "Money Pit" and I thought to myself yea that sounds about right.
    While I was cooking inside my suit the wee fella was starting to shiver when we got out so he was all good once changed but by the time I got changed and carried the dive bag all the way back to the wagon in the punishing sun I was sweating like a rapist and about to pass out so thought it prudent to call into the rookery on the way back and have a beer with @Pengy to rehydrate
    Parore?
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Parore?
    I think it must have been looking at google images tho it must have been a big one cos all the pictures I have looked at they are only little.

Red Moki probably
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Red Moki probably
    Googled that and yep definatly one of them but big. Just like at the start of this vid but twice the size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDBCqqnCTtM

Quite a few Kina
    Heaps of spottys.
    One blue cod.
    Bits of boat wreckage.
    This is One of the coolest things I've read in this thread! On ya VC when he's ready I can share a bit of knowledge with him and my lad can probably show him even more! It's a wonderful pass time watching fish and poking holes in the tasty one!
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

We spent yesterday down the coast! A bit more turn turned over a few more crays found! It seems when your luck is in you cannot fail another two very product rocks, as said above my Lad seems to be the finder, but needs to learn to take the keepers in reach rather than the big barstards that are just that much further back!

Fishing wise it was a sharky day, with chinamen on the hook line and a very toothy greyboy pushing 5ft, then my las had a session on gurnard along with a very respectable spotty dog breaking a 30 lb trace being lifted into the boat! We saw a shit ton of terakihe hanging on the crayrocks along with some massive cod neither would bite so we resorted to freediving and harpooning a feed!

Life brings pleasure in so many ways! Let's spend it doing just this! Keep well everyone!
    Nil durum volenti !!

Put my bro onto his first marlin yesterday. First trip out on his new boat after kitting it out. Hard work with two on board in trying conditions. Big ups to those who do it solo, bugger that.
    Name:  13864681-328E-4875-AE84-DA453766399F.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  2.22 MB
    Name:  0DC76C4C-DDA5-4837-A058-058D77116949.jpeg
Views: 205
Size:  892.9 KB
    Name:  FB221B03-687E-4DEF-BB99-4E238DADBE83.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  420.5 KB
    Name:  C832507C-63C4-4709-8498-716C9A73F933.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  765.0 KB

That's bloody awesome @Gibo a triple like from me

Great looking fish, bet your happy it wasn't a double strike

Hope you kept the bill for him, they come up pretty good after a couple of months in the garden and a bit of a soak in the bath with bleach.

Cool to see the dint's where they have been using it to stun fish. Well done

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Beaker and Gibo like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Too meke much @Gibo!
    Gibo likes this.
    Dan M

anyone having any luck in the tasman bay lately?

Awesome Gibo!

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Gibo likes this.