Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree14600Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Righto will do better @Rushy ..but I can spell kingi, the season begins...ohh hell yes how good
    Attachment 121448
    Your Kingfish is a lot longer than mine......................

Name:  20191013_112421.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  2.40 MB

( dont know why its defying gravity either....)

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Spottiest one
    Yep.
    For me they are easy to pick out from my normal catch of greenbacks/yellow-bellied tho between those two I would have to research each time if asked as they are so similar.
    The river flounder or black is a slightly different shape too which makes it stand out to me.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    Gibo likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Your Kingfish is a lot longer than mine......................

Attachment 122505

( dont know why its defying gravity either....)
    The tax man called
    stingray likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    The tax man called
    Yep, it was the biggest Great White I have ever seen in 45 years of fishing off the Kaipara, the last 12+ years working on a charter boat . Estimated length was 14-16 feet. Seen plenty of 8-12 foot ones, but this one was something else!!

My first thought was 'We need a bigger boat'............( The Charter boat is over 20m long and it felt small)

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Yep, it was the biggest Great White I have ever seen in 45 years of fishing off the Kaipara, the last 12+ years working on a charter boat . Estimated length was 14-16 feet.
    My fishing buddy saw a similar size fish in the Kaipara a few years ago. He has been fishing there for 25 years and is not the kind of guy that exaggerates.

Keep feeding it up your way ...so it bloody stays there ..I've got a summer of free diving to do!

That is a hell of a fish to be chomping through your kingi's! Adrenaline plus just large dash of great white! Now that's fishing!
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Well this is just bloody bullshit.... happens every year around this time... water temps come up...whitebait and snapper come in close.....every afternoon at 2 or 3 pm it blows.
    Yesterday after work would have been perfect, good wind and sea and perfect tides for a after work fish but alas I had to go out for tea.
    Tonight looked doable, offshore breeze turning 8 knt onshore and dieing to zero at dusk.
    What actually happened was offshore breeze, flat as sea with a ripple on top and wide open boat testing....best top speed yet.
    Picked a spot as it turned onshore and for a moment considered putting a long line out but thought na it will be a prick to get in by myself if it does blow up....glad I never.

By the time I had burley and rods in the water it was a good 15knts and white cappy....got a gurnard and a kahawai in a matter of minutes as conditions worsened.
    Must have been 20knt for a bit and tight steep wind chop built up as fast as I have ever seen it go from flat calm to shithouse.
    I was sure the wind would drop as the sun set and I'm no scaredy cat but when you're taking waves over the bow at ankor its definitely time to bug out!
    Got everything up and picked a set to motor up and retrieve ankor.
    With that up I felt safe again so tightened up the hood on the Raincoat from under the seat and headed back beam onto the surf getting a facefull
    In behind the bar it was still shit but fishable on the drift with motor idling in reverse with only a few waves over the back.
    Birds everywhere, med size kahawai every drop spewing whitebait on the deck.... caught 7-8 of them bled and kept 5 for neighbor and come in.

Time I had it on the trailer the wind was dropping.
    By the time I had it in the shed it was pretty good
    Bloody spring weather.

Back into the safety of Monaco.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    NRT, R93, stingray and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    They all look the same to me mate.....flat

Im amping for the long weekend. Booked a campsite and going to drag the caravan down to Thornton for some surfcasting
    Mean, thorton is a rad spot. We spear the raus a bit.

Ill wave on the way past, we are hitting white island. Operation"get the girlfriend to shoot a massive kingi then laugh my arse off as it tows her around". Will harass a few snails and packies too I think, freezer is looking sad.
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.

It's blowing like 40 thousand bastards here today. Ya right about the spring weather VC, just wonky as
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.

Yep rough as guts up Waihau Bay so will have to do some top water fishing in the am.
    Dan M

Sat looking mean! Windyty on the blink ...ran out of $$ apparently ...Water temps were up but screaming southerly today undoing all the good. Crays should be just about ready to hunt ...pilchards with in the reach so snappers must be about as well as kings..long weekend ...stay safe folks and post a yarn!
    Nil durum volenti !!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Sunday I hope will be a cracker like today cause I’m going fishing tomorrow
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Up early and out with the boy this morning,launched from mapua....only one other trailer in the carpark.
    Deployed a longline in close then burlyed up, mini me got a gurnard before I could even get my gear in the water.
    Counted 20 boats in our area!
    There was a few fish caught early on but we were definitely saved by the longline today..we sat threw the high tide slack water for a couple of hours of no bites at all hoping for a run as the tide moved back out.....my patience run out before the fishes did.
    4 good snapper rangeing 7-12pound
    15ish good sized gurnard
    10 or so small Kahawai mostly recycled as bait.
    eleventy million bloody sand sharks.
    Surprisingly no spiky dogs at all!

Took some photos but Tapatalk are capatalist pigs and I cant post them......will see what I can do.
    Last edited by veitnamcam; 26-10-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    stingray, Shearer and kukuwai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    eleventy million bloody sand sharks
    We thank you for your service removing these nasty smiling sharkys from our bay
    veitnamcam, stingray and kukuwai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    We thank you for your service removing these nasty smiling sharkys from our bay
    Most of them went back unharmed....except the one I caught that had my hook from 5min earlier in his jaw as well as the one I pulled him in on....unfortunatly he didnt survive the surgery