Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree14600Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Wicked!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Nice report @stingray. Looks like you had a red letter day there mate.
    Did you christen that new reel yet ?
    Yeah scored another good spikie with the new reel, haha still it's getting about and a lot of practice. Was a fantastic day finally getting back on the crays was a bonus. Breath holds are limited but biking to work now should help!
    veitnamcam, Munsey and Pengy like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Name:  20170324_140740.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  664.9 KBgetting there
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    Attachment 65995getting there
    Made a massive difference to my boat.

You may find you can lift your motor a hole now also.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I fitted one one mine , most noticeable is '' staying on the plane ''when you slow .
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Experince pays off!

Away early with VC, down to okiwi, Gathered all our gear and loaded it into the wee boat.
    We were running out to the open water when VC spots Kawahi jumping on mass. So out with the kingi lures round round the school we went it was massive showing on the sounder to be about 60 foot deep and the size of a footy field. We shaddowed this school for half an hour with no luck on the kings, even with Kawhai free jumping all over the place.

So lures in and back on track heading out. We ran up the coast to a spot VC had enjoyed some success before and ran out a hook line shallow then headed out deep set the burley and set to soaking baits, VC hooked up early with a strange fight and stranger catch of a eel out in the wide open water ( it actually looked like a silver belly to us ??), we then waited for the tide to start to run and I set to making smoko only to find we had every damn thing but the tucker bag in the boat !!! VC genroursly offered me one of his sandwhichs bloody delicious it was to.

Then out of no where a screaming reel, you beauty I reeled in a fat beautiful snapper, smiles all round.. I thought for a second I May just have beaten VC in the fishing stakes, next thing VC rod is bent double and his drag wound up to maximum is steadily loosing line. 10 mins later a deep healthy kingi is in the net. We run it over the lie dectector and is it over the magic 75 cm ...no 74.5 barstard!! Over the side it goes. VC was gutted but went back to fishing ...getting a few taps he tells me as I'm changing bait then BANG holy shit! Rod bending drag giving line , kingi I inquire? not sure VC grunts as he's he wrestles with this beast. I am hanging over the side with the net and see the first flash of a great snapper ...it just got bigger and bigger and bigger the closer the surface it got! Me I was panicking what a bloody horse VC was calm and reliable as he always is, "head first he advises" ! After a couple of cracks at it (me pissing my pants that I'll knock it loose ) it slides into the net and lifted into the boat.

75 cm ,22+ lbs of beautiful snapper a PB for VC and a experince for me that rates way up there!
    Attachment 65744
    I made the call to bin it rather than release it so we ikied and put it on ice, we made the call we had enough and pulled the hook line with a couple of gurnard added to the bin. I had a freedive on some new turf without seeing a lot . So headed back up the coast towards home stopped and for a cod fish in blue clear water , the were on the bite and would come off the bottom at 50 ft to bite you bait 10 ft below the surface, the problem being they were just under or on size, VC changed to bright yellow softbait and binned a couple of better ones and I snagged a keeper . So off to another dive spot where I misssed a couple of crays and then finally broke my hex and got one the sack. Back into the boat to find a feed of venison snags waiting for me ..what a bloody champion bugger VC is.

Home for a clean up , fillet the fish have a beer and a shower and away home! Fantastic weather fishing and always company. huge Congrats to VC on scoring a fantastic fish! Your put the big yards in a truely deserve that one.
    Attachment 65745
    Attachment 65746
    Awesome guys.
    That big kingi can't be far away now VC. Did you try dropping a jig into that school?
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Attachment 65995getting there
    More progress,I think,fitted floor.gotta find some paint.Name:  20170325_171251.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  571.3 KB
    Last edited by madjon_; 25-03-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    gadgetman and stingray like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Looks good , my bro just finished his its mint are you going to put sawdust in the paint ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Awesome guys.
    That big kingi can't be far away now VC. Did you try dropping a jig into that school?
    Na was out with stingray so I packed the bare minimum (honest ).
    It was a snapper trip and the best time was slipping by so we gapped it to the snapper zone.

It probably was legal but only just and stingray had a snap on that needed netting so I returned it.....I don't want my first keeper to be a marginal one.

More progress,I think,fitted floor.gotta find some paint.Attachment 66045
    Smartwave?

Mac 360
    veitnamcam likes this.

Sprinkle Epsom salt on wet paint then hose off when the paint is dry

Mac 360
    Don't be shy show us a pic

Sprinkle Epsom salt on wet paint then hose off when the paint is dry
    Ok i haven't seen that does it give a nice ruff finish ? i was impressed how grippy the saw dust finish was ,just thought id mention it as i hadn't heard of it before .

LOC

Fishing tomorrow!

did anyone fish the Leigh Fishing comp today? forgot it was on and i tried to put the boat in the water to go out for a fish 45 mins before weigh in cut off when everyone was racing to get their boats out. absolute cluster f*ck down at the wharf
    saw some donkey snapper coming in